Chapter 2

Peter wakes up late, and ends up sprinting to school, missing first period.

"Where were you dude?" Ned asks him, as he sits down next to him for their second period Science class.

"Slept in late," Peter responds, "I forgot to set an alarm after fighting the avengers last night."

"You did what last night?" Ned hisses.

"The Avengers are after Spiderman. They don't like that he's a masked vigilante, and they need him to report to SHIELD."

"Woah."

"Peter, Ned, care to pay attention?" Their teacher calls to the pair.

"Sorry Ms. Richards." Peter says.

"Anyway. Stark Industries is holding an internship competition for 10 of the brightest minds in the world.
There's an outbreak of whispering in the class, as everyone's excited.

"I'll pass out applications for everyone who's interested.

"Are you two going to apply?" MJ asks, leaning over.

"Yes!" Ned says, taking 3 applications from Ms. Richards and handing one to Peter and MJ.

"I might." Peter says, looking over the application.

"You better," MJ says, "You're like the smartest kid on the decathlon team, probably one of the smartest kids in our school."

"But am I one of the smartest kids in the world?" Peter says.

"Nope." Flash announces, "But I am."

"Yeah right, Flash." MJ laughs, rolling her eyes. "You aren't even in the top 50."

"Well neither are you! Stark Industries won't even look twice at any of your applications."

"Flash, please return to your seat!" Ms. Richards tells him.

"I stand by my word." Flash says, then grudgingly returns to his seat.

The trio fills out their applications as best they can for the rest of the period, trying to remember all the possible things they could list to make their chances the best possible.

"Alright, we're going to take a trip to the school library to print out pictures and our grade information for the internship!" Says Mr. Patterson when they arrive for their 3rd period class.

The classes spend the rest of their classes doing different things to prepare their applications for the Stark Internship competition, and turn them in at the end of their last period before going home.

Peter runs into an alley, webbing his backpack under a dumpster, then changing quickly into his suit.

"Hello Peter." HELEN greets him when he pulls his mask on.

"Hi HELEN," He smiles, jumping up onto a building and scaling it,

"Anything suspicious happening?"

"A bank robbery has been reported on 23rd street."

"Guess I better get over there." Spiderman shoots a web and swings toward the bank, tucking his legs up to smash through the window.

Spiderman shoots a web, hitting a robbers gun and covering his hand. He swings him into another robber, knocking them both into a wall where they fall, holding at their chests and stomachs, from the impact.

"Hands up!" Shouts the last robber, a gun pointed at a girl next to him and another gun pointed at Spiderman. "I'll shoot you both, hands up!"

"No, no, no." Spiderman quickly puts his hands up, "Let her go."

The girl reminded him of Gwen, blonde hair, and in danger.

Spiderman couldn't fail this time.

"No. You're one of my prisoners now." He snaps, "Get on the ground."

"Okay, okay." Spiderman starts to lay down, but as he does so, shoots a web at the gun the robber is pointing at the girl, yanking it away. He pulls the trigger on the other gun, but a web grenade meets the bullet, and its encased in a barrier of webbing.

Spiderman shoots another web, and it hits the guys shoulder, and Spiderman flips him onto the ground, using web grenades to plaster each of the robbers entire bodies to the floor.

"Okay everyone hurry out!" Spiderman shouts, and civilians run out as fast as they can.

"I can't walk! I hurt my ankle!" Shouts the girl that the robber had threatened.

"It's okay, it's okay." Spiderman assures her, running over and lifting her. "I got you."

He carries the girl out, and hands her off to a paramedic who has arrived on scene.

"Spiderman. You're going to need to come with us." A voice says, and Spiderman turns to see Captain America, Bucky Barnes, Iron Man, and Black Widow standing there.

"I told you yesterday." He says, shooting a web, "Thanks for the offer, but I'm a bit busy."

He pulls on the web, propelling himself away.

Iron man blasts off, chasing after him, but Spiderman shoots a web grenade that explodes across his face, and he disappears in the few seconds it takes for Iron Man to remove the webs from his eyes.

Spiderman lands in the alley, quickly changing back into his regular clothes, retrieving his bag from under the dumpster.

"What am I meant to do, HELEN?"

"Spiderman needs to disappear for a while, Peter." HELEN tells him.

Peter didn't like the idea, but deep down he knew HELEN was right.