Chapter 8

It'd been almost a month since the attack on the internship competition when the Interns decided to go out for dinner at the various food trucks around the city. They decide to split into a few groups and then meet up to eat outside the tower.

Amani, Pio, and Lucas decided to go out together, Oliver, Kentay, Clare, and Kenja went together, and Naira, Lami, and Peter went together.

The trio wandered the streets, using a recent sightings app to locate the food truck they wanted to go to.

Finally, they located it and ordered their food. While waiting on their food, Naira checks her news app.

"Some of the Sinister Six escaped from Tony's cells, they're robbing a bank with hostages and everything." She exclaims, standing up.

"That's not right," Lami argues, "There's no way that's real."

"Photo. Evidence." Naira raises her eyebrow, showing her phone screen to Lami.

Peter leans over to see the photo, his spider-sense telling him that something's wrong.

"Lami's right, it's just Mysterio." Peter argues, zooming in on the photo to get a better look at the villains.

"Oh, god." Naira's eyes widen a bit as she realizes too, "We have to warn them!"

Naira grabs their food from the truck, dumps the Styrofoam to-go containers into her backpack, and they sprint back toward the tower while Naira speed-scans the article, "It's only about 5 blocks from here! We can make it!"

She takes the lead, Lami and Peter close behind her.

They reach the barricade around the bank, and Lami hurdles it without hesitation. "

"Get back, miss. This area is too dangerous for civilians." Black Widow says, blocking Lami's path.

"It's a trap, they're not real!" Naira shouted, climbing over the barricade after her.

"You both need to leave, right now!" Hawkeye protests, walking over to deal with the situation.

"You don't understand, you're all in danger!" Lami pleads.

"Don't worry, we're not in danger. You, on the other hand, are." Widow says, ushering them out of the barricade.

"No, no, no!" Naira protests

"You have to listen!" Lami yells, "You're all in danger!"

Peter slips away, grabbing the super suit out of his bag, which he carries out of a hard-to-break habit.

He pulls the mask over his head, and HELEN boots up.

"Peter! But Spiderman needs to go away!" The AI greets, as upset as an AI can be.

"Well, he needs to come back for the day." Peter says, quickly getting into his suit and hitting the spider on his chest so it suctions to him.

"Let's go then." HELEN says, her voice sounding happy.

Spiderman sprints out of the alley and hurdles the barrier around the bank, right as the Avengers charge into the bank.

"Uh oh." Spiderman laughs, "Stand down! It's a trap!"

Spiderman flies into the wall, hit by Captain America's shield.

"Not! Cool!" He snaps, shoving the rubble off his chest.

He webs a chunk of debris and swings it around, flying through the illusions and nearly hitting a few Avengers.

"Those girls were right, it was fake." Widow gasps.

"Spiderman! My old friend!" Mysterio laughs, "Or should I say, P-"

He's cut off when a brick slams into his chest, throwing him backward.

Spiderman webs two spots on the wall behind Mysterio and launches himself forward,  kicking the villain solidly in the chest.

Mysterio and Spiderman fight viciously, beating the utter crap out of each other using both their own abilities and the rubble of the bank, while the Avengers evacuate the hostages, who were real, unfortunately for them.

Spiderman loses his grip on Mysterio for a second too long, and the villain flies through the wall, effectively escaping.

Spiderman stumbles away, hopping through the hole in the wall, and swinging back to the tower.

He lands on the labs balcony, sprinting to the elevator and back to his room,  taking his suit off and changing back into his civilian clothes inside it.

"That's it though." Peter promises himself, "Spiderman isn't coming back again."