Chapter 7

The interns trickle back into the lab the next morning, FRIDAY playing loud music over the speakers as they work to code, build, and test their robots.

The city outside the window is relatively quiet, for being the city that never sleeps.

That is, until the window is shattered.

"Everyone get down!" Lucas shouts, tackling Kenja and shielding her from the glass, as she is not only the smallest intern, but the closest to the window.

Clare grabs Peters arm, as she's nearest to him, and pulls him behind a lab table with her.

Amani, who had just called the elevator to go get something from her room, waves frantically for everyone near her to come in, just as the Sinister Six climb into the room.

Amani, Pio, and Naira make it to the elevator, and the doors close just in time to miss an attack from Shocker, who was sprinting toward them, only to slam head on into the doors.

Lami is crouched against a cabinet, trying to be as small as possible.

Kentay is lying by the window, seemingly unconscious and bleeding from a few scratches.

Oliver was next to Kentay, but is now flat on his back, scrambling away from the Vulture.

In the halls below, Amani and Pio are running to try and find the avengers, while Naira runs to the lobby to tell everyone she can that the Sinister Six are attacking the Intern competition.

Tony Stark hears Naira's shouts, and calls a suit to him and heading to the Competition lab immediately, sending alerts to the Avengers.

Captain America is carried in by Falcon, both suiting up the moment they recieve the alert. Falcon leaves with Tony, both grabbing Avengers to drop into the battle.

Cap attacks Shocker first, his shield slamming sideways into his hand, which fizzles and shoots sparks. Cap summons his shield back just as Natasha and Wanda arrive, transported via Falcon and Iron Man respectively. Vision arrives along with them, flying himself.

Iron Man and Falcon take on Vulture and Green Goblin, Vision handles Scorpion, as his flinging acid is easily destroyed by the mind stone beam, Natasha attacks Chameleon, and Wanda deals with Mysterio. Bucky arrives through the elevator, fighting Shocker hand to hand, as Shocker's hand weapon has failed, making it just a heavy metal block to use.

"Let's go." Peter says, running into the battle to lift Kentay, with some help from Oliver, so he doesn't expose his powers.

Once they get away from the fight, Oliver is able to half carry, half drag, Kentay into the elevator, where he is joined by Lucas, who is carrying Kenja, who looks slightly miffed at being carried, but also just glad to be okay. Lami sprints for the elevator, barely making it in.

Peter looks at Clare, and they both dash for the hall, sprinting away from the noises of the battle.

Clare takes Peters hand, and they sprint down side halls until they're both out of breath, and they hide in a small alcove.

Clare leans on Peter as she catches her breath, "That was probably the most terrifying thing that's ever happened to me." She laughs.

Peter laughs a little anxiously, "I'm just glad everyone got away mostly okay."

"We should let the others know we got out." Clare says, her face oddly close to his.

"Uh, yeah." Peter agrees.

Clare leans close to him, kissing him for only a second before pulling away, "Sorry." She whispers, leaning back a little, "I didn't mean to do that."

Peter pulls her back and kisses her again for a little longer before pulling away again, "It's okay."

"We should go find everyone else." Clare says, blushing bright red.

"Yeah."

The pair walks down the hall, heading for the main lobby, where they meet up with everyone else.

Lami tackles Peter in a hug, knocking him back a bit, and everyone runs up to them, except for Kentay, who is still unconscious and being checked over by a doctor.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Lami smiles, then moves on to hug Clare.

Peter feels guilty, but he doesn't know exactly why.

After maybe 20 minutes of the interns hiding out in the lobby with everyone else, the Avengers come down with 5 unconcious supervillains.

"Don't worry kids," Iron Man says, landing with a limp Scorpion held over his shoulder, "I'll be putting these villains in my high tech cells. No one'll get them out of there."

Peter glances around at the other interns, but none of them mention the missing Mysterio. He never wants to deal with Mysterio again, after he almost exposed Peter's identity to the entire world just the last year.

Peter had gotten lucky that he had the tech to take out the signal, and stop anyone from finding out.

Peter didn't want to go through that again.