xv

when jongin woke up the hotel room was as quiet as the night before when everyone had left to eat and probably drink until they were no longer conscious, he tried to look around but a sharp pain inturupted all his movements, an excruciating neck ache thag seemed worse than the one he had previously.

"fuck." he hissed.

he tried getting up but the pain was all in all too much to handle. after a moment contemplating whether he should just stand up really fast or go back to sleep, he settled to sitting back and reaching backwards to lean his elbows on the couch. by doing so he elbowed a soft surface which gasped ans groaned ar jongin's action.

"ouch..." taemin slurred, moving his whole body until his back was towards jongin.

jongin huffed and finally sat up, sitting on the tip of the couch where taemin wasn't sprawled over.

"hey." jongin shoved taemin's shoulder which made the sleeping boy shove his hand back with such force jongin had to grab onto the arm of the sofa to keep him on the cushion and not on the floor, "wake up and give me some space already, my neck hurts."

"it's not my problem you chose to sleep, once again may i add, in that neck breaking position." taemin snapped back.

after jongin whined once- or three times about his aching neck, taemin, with a sigh, gave up his lying position to sit up next to jongin.

"ah see, much better." jongin sighed and leaned his head back slowly, trying to be as careful as possible to not move his neck too drastically.

"geez, you're such a baby." taemin sighed and stood up, heading to the kitchen while jongin sat patiently on the couch, glaring at the tv control he couldn't reach.

a few minutes later taemin came back into the living room with something in his hands only to go over to his own room and peak inside it for a split second.

"man they must've been wasted last night." taemin laughed as he closed the door and came towards the couch, an ice pack now visible on his hands, "it's 9 and they look like they aren'tcwaking up any time soon."

taemin sat down next to jongin and motioned him to move his neck. after a painful thirty seconds of trying to get his neck to detach from the head of the sofa, taemin put the icepack behind his head and as soon as he placed his head back to its original position he felt bliss.

pure bliss.

"you fucking angel." jongin groaned.

taemin shook his head with a little smile forming on his face before getting the remote control and turning on some random tv show on the tv.

"do you think lee soo man was expecting us all to have breakfast together?" jongin inquired when the tv break came on and cringy ads started playing, "'cus i dont think anyone here will wake up only to have breakfast in that noisy cafeteria."

"nah he's probably just as hungover as the rest of them." taemin chuckled, and then frowned, "do you remember how many we drank yesterday?"

"not enough to be as hungover as them i can assure." jongin sassed.

"i completely forgot i was in a one month free alcohol streak, damn." taemin sighed.

"is it really that important?"

"ehh, not really. my vocal coach was trying to get my voice not to crack anymore when i do high notes by telling me to not drink as often. she was probably just making me stop drinking so i didn't give the excuse of being drunk to not show up to her lessons." he shrugged.

jongin hummed, "you should stop drinking so often then."

taemin huffed, "as if. my voice is perfectly fine, i'll drink as much as i please. do you know why?" taemin stood up and randomly did a pirouette and jazz hands at jongin, "because i'm an adult capable enough of making my own decisions for my own body."

jongin snorted and almost let a chuckle escape his lips before he stood up too, still holding the ice against his nape and headed to his room, "i'm gonna take a shower and change, i advise you do the same. the soy sauce stain on your shirt isn't very charming."

taemin looked down and chuckled, "it isn't indeed."

。。。

"ah, my head. fuck." minseok hissed as he sat down on the breakfast with all the other eight seats filled with his members.

"you guys really went all out yesterday." jongin chuckled, munching on a spectacular pancake he found on the hidden end of the all-you-can-eat buffett. still warm and made perfectly, slightly crunchy on the outside and super soft on the inside.

"you never know when we'll all have this rare chance to drink until our heads pop out. however, i would not like to have this headache ever again, please." junmyeon said and the rest of the seven hungover people hummed in agreement.

"but not only did we have fun last night, you also had your fair share of drinks with taemin, huh." yixing jabbed his elbow onto jongin's ribs making the boy almost spit what he was chewing. "you fucking idiot-"

suddenly a very loud static sound echoed throughout the venue, making everyone let out surprised noises.

"sorry! sorry, my bad." their ceo came into view, holding a microphone carefully in his hands, "first of all i'd like to say i hope you're enjoying our very short retreat and don't worry we still have a day left so do everything you want to do- even if it is just sleeping. ah! and last thing, i'd like to see exo at 7pm in my room. that's all, enjoy your breakfast guys!"

their ceo gave the microphone to one of the staffs and left to his own table to eat his own breakfast which left the rest of exo sighing.

"what now." yixing sighed, rubbing a hand across his face and closing his eyes.