xxii

taemin spent some days researching and it turned out that most diseases in the world had sore/hoarse throat symptoms and as taemin made his way to the studio he kept narrowing the most likely ones in his phone.

"maybe it's really just a cold." he told himself as he opened the door to see his members already seated on the couch.

"kibum is in the booth already." junki told him, motioning him to sit on one of the two couches on the room and so he did, next to minho.

"i'm sorry, i scheduled it for today and didn't know we had to record anything." minho smiled at taemin with a cheeky look on his face.

taemin smiled back,"it's fine, i'm not too tired."

they took turns recording the new song, a song they would only release in a few months time after kibum finished his solo activities.

taemin was the last one to enter the recording booth, when kibum and jinki had already left and minho was the only one waiting for him outside the booth.

"okay, taemin. can you hear me?" their producer asked.

taemin held onto his headphones as he nodded. it went fairly well for a while, the song was a slow one and taemin was singing in lower notes than usual, the problem was when he had to reach a very high note towards the end of the song.

even though it was painful, he forced himself through it and in the end it sounded quite alright.

"good job." minho patted him on the back and that hand continued there as they exited the building.

taemin was massaging his throat when he saw a familiar face coming towards him.

"he... hey, could i talk to you real quick?" jongin asked, looking as nervous as taemin felt.

"is it about..." taemin thought about saying it out loud but stopped himself before he could.

"uh, yeah." even though taemin hadn't explicitly talked about it, jongin understood immediately. taemin felt somehow relieved that they were in the same page, or at least thinking about the same thing.

"i'll text you later." he gave jongin a halfhearted smile and walked back towards minho who had distanced himself from the pair for some privacy.

"ready?" taemin just nodded.

。。。

"this is kind of unexpected." the doctor told them.

"what is?" minho promptly asked.

"i would guess its the flu but there is a strange substance sticking to the side of his larynx. it could be nothing but we have to keep an eye on it, come here every few weeks and if it doesn't go away on it's own we'll try to remove it if gets to bad, for now, i'll take a sample to the lab."

taemin almost choked when the doctor took a sample of the weird substance and asked minho to get him a glass of water.

。。。

"he said try to drink as many hot drinks as possible, tea with honey is recommended." minho read out the paper on his hands and taemin just sighed.

"it's probably just mucus, i knew it was pointless to come here. i never went to the doctors because of a little flu." taemin huffed and groaned.

"stop acting like a baby, he said it to come back here after a week or two, we still don't know what it is." minho shoved taemin's shoulder slightly as they made their way to minho's car.

taemin huffed. even though he looked annoyed to have wasted his time and money on a mere 'flu', he was still a little worried that he could get worse over time.

when minho left him at his apartment the first thing taemin did was texting jongin to come over and after promising himself to take a short nap, taemin ended up sleeping throughout the evening.

————————————–————

this kind of sucks ;-;

i'm sorry :)

i kind of have everything planned out since the start but i feel like the chapters are getting worse?? can someone give me some feedback? 😅

thank youu for reading even though i don't upload often, i'm really grateful ❤️

-becca