one

one

warnings: none.

Stiles

Walking into the hospital lobby, I waited for Scott to finish breaking into the room where they kept the dead bodies so that he could check the scent of Derek's sister to confirm what we already suspected. That Derek had killed her and buried her outside his burnt down house. Yep, this is what my life has become. To think a couple of days ago I just- oh holy shit! Lydia's here Lydia's here!

I hadn't seen her when I walked in, but when I turned around she was definitely sitting in one of the waiting-chairs. It wasn't just my imagination playing tricks on me.

I debated with myself if I was going to say anything to her. Sure, on paper it might sound like a good idea, but taking my social skills into account made me doubt it.

"Hey, Lydia!" I said before I could back out. I walked towards the wall by the chairs (only almost tripping once, which I see as an achievement) and leaned with my elbow against the wall. Hopefully looking suave and cool.

She smiled which I took as a sign to keep talking. This was going good so far.

"You probably don't remember me. Um, I sit behind you in Biology," I said. She looked a bit confused but I didn't let that get me down.

"Uh, anyway. I always thought that we just had this kind of connection. You know, unspoken, of course."

She smiled again. Maybe this was actually gonna work.

"Maybe it'd be kinda cool to get to know each other a little better."

"Hold on, give me a second," she said, pulling back her hair and revealing an earpiece I didn't see before. "Yeah, I didn't get any of what you just said. Is it worth repeating?"

"No. Sorry," I said. Silently cursing at myself for allowing me to build up hope. "I'm just gonna sit- you don't care. Okay." I sat down on a chair around the corner and sighed.

"That was unbelievably pathetic."

I almost jumped out of my skin at the sudden voice. I looked to my right, and two seats down sat a familiar blonde in punk clothing.

"Holy- where did you come from?"

Valerie was honestly the last person I wanted to see right now. She had always been annoying, but ever since she became Coach's assistant, she had indeed made my life more miserable. It was like having an exact replica of Coach at practice all the time. Well, not an exact replica. Valerie was female, younger, punk, blonde and significantly prettier- wait what?

"I was sitting here the entire time," she said. The look on her face revealed that she didn't even bother to hide how stupid she thought I was. "You would've seen me if it wasn't for the fact that the only girls you seem to notice are the ones with strawberry blonde hair and green eyes."

"I didn't know you were an actual girl."

"Funny." She smiled, but there was no humor in it. "Anyway, I thought I'd seen you reach your peak, but that was a whole new form of pathetic. Do you actually have a reason for being here or are you just a stalker now?"

"I could be asking you the same question?" I rebutted. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for my monthly checkup with my gynecologist," she said casually.

I froze. Any witty responses I had prepared just flew out of my head.

"W-what?"

She rolled her eyes again.

"I was kidding, Stupid. I'm just waiting for someone. You should have seen the look on your face, though."

"Uh- w-who are you waiting for?" I asked, still not quite over the shock of her latest joke.

"I didn't think you cared," she said blatantly, picking up a magazine and reading the headline.

"I don't."

"Good."

gif belongs to @stilesedit on tumblr