twenty five

twenty five

warnings: mentions of a psychiatric hospital, violence, and angst.

Stiles

I exchanged a sad look with my dad as he pulled the car up in front of Eichen House, neither of us knowing what to say. So instead we opened the doors and stepped out onto the sidewalk.

I stared up at the building. It was scary as shit. Like something straight out of a horror movie. Normally it would be the last place I wanted to go to. But I knew this was for the best for everyone else.

I felt dad's stare on the back of my neck. This was probably the last thing he wanted to do as well, but at least he respected my choice.

I brought my gaze away from the building when I heard rapid footsteps approaching, followed by the sound of a motorbike. The motorbike pulled up first. A sigh escaped my lips as I saw who it was. This was exactly what I was trying to avoid.

As Scott pulled off his helmet, Valerie appeared beside him, the sound of her footsteps coming to a stop. She braced her hands on her knees and wheezed, trying to regain her breath. Had she really ran all the way here for me?

Scott quickly got off his bike, Valerie following behind him, though still a bit out of breath. Scott looked between me and my dad quickly before asking, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because we wanted to avoid something like this," said dad seriously.

"It's only 72 hours," I said.

Valerie turned to me, her facial expression both incredulous and angry. "This is the same place where Barrow came from!" she cried. "The guy who had a tumor full of flies and tried to kill me!"

I looked down at the ground. I just couldn't bear looking at her face any longer. It killed me. Cause all I could do was think of what I'd done while possessed, how I'd hurt her, and how good it felt to do so.