twenty three

twenty three

warnings: mentions of dementia, very little violence, swearing.

Valerie

I buried my face deeper into my pillow, doing my best to drown out the noise my phone was making. I was way too tired to wonder why it was even ringing in the first place. The phone quieted down, and I let out a relieved sigh, settling back to sleep. Of course, my solitude was short-lived.

The phone started ringing again.

I groaned before gathering enough energy to pick it up. I was bout to turn it off but halted when I saw the screen. An unknown number had been calling me all night.

Normally, I would never answer a call in the middle of the night, much less from an unknown number, but in light of all of the supernatural shit that had happened recently, my life was anything but normal.

I answered the phone, holding it up against my ear, and a familiar voice rang through it.

"Valerie, finally."

"Scott?"

"Why haven't you been answering your phone? I've been calling you all night."

"It's the middle of the night! I've been sleeping like a normal person."

I could hear Scott sighing from the other end. "Well, could you come down to the hospital?"

I sat up, my voice instantly going from annoyed to concerned. "What? Why? What happened?"

"It's Stiles." I got out of bed at that, suddenly wide awake, pressing my phone between my ear and my shoulder as I put on a pair of jeans. "He was sleepwalking. My dad found him two minutes ago in the middle of the forest."

"Scott," I said, holding the phone up against my ear again, "this is one of the coldest nights of the year. If he was outside that long in just his pajamas he could have hypothermia."