thirty seven

thirty seven

warnings: an injury, mentions of a family murdering axe murderer.

Stiles

"Of course you're still the team captain." I glanced to my side at Scott who was looking down at the ground, brows drawn together in worry. "You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?" I asked as we arrived by the bleachers in front of the lacrosse field.

"Yeah," Scott nodded, "but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up to tryouts today."

I shook my head. "We got bigger things to deal with, anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?"

"Ah, I texted him, but he didn't get back to me."

I halted in my steps, turning around to face Scott fully. "You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?"

Scott shrugged, looking guilty. "I didn't have the money to call France."

I raised my eyebrows. "Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House."

"Another notice?"

"This one said final," I said, sighing. "Now, what the hell are we even doing here, anyway? We got, like, 117 million problems, and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them."

"It is now."

I jumped at the sound of the new voice. Valerie was standing right beside me, clipboard in hand. I furrowed my brows at her and she nodded towards the field. Scott and I followed her gaze and oh my god.

Some new fucking guy I was standing in goal, practicing with two of his friends. The two boys shot ball after ball at him, taking no pauses between shots. The little bastard caught every single one.

I shot a quick glance back at Scott just to check that he was seeing the same thing I was. He looked just as shocked.

"Who the hell is that?" I asked.