twelve

twelve

warnings: blood, corpse, mentions of death and murder, angst.

Stiles

"Mr. Lahey, happy to have you back," Coach said as Isaac entered the locker-room. "Not happy that you're late."

"Sorry, Coach," said Isaac, while walking over to one of the lockers and beginning to change.

"I'll remind you all." Coach addressed everyone. "Cross-country is not optional for lacrosse players. I don't need you turning into a bunch of fat-asses in the off-season. So- work on that."

Once everyone had walked out of the locker-room we met up with the girls by the starting point. There weren't as many girls who had signed up for cross-country, but the ones who did were already there. Among them was Valerie.

Her blonde and purple hair was up in a ponytail. She was wearing black leggings and the red Nike tank we were required for all P.E classes, and her usual black boots were switched out in favor of black running shoes – but her clothing wasn't the only thing that was different about her appearance. Ever since Erica died her head hung lower, her eyes were sadder, her lips never smiling.

I tried to catch her eye, maybe shoot her a reassuring smile, but she avoided any eye contact.

The whistle blew and Valerie set off.

"Pace yourselves! Come on!" yelled Coach to the people still standing. I turned my head to see Scott put a hand on Isaac's shoulder.

"Issac," he said warningly.

"It's them." Issac shrugged Scott's hand off of his shoulder and ran away, headed right towards the alpha twins

Scott followed him. "Isaac, wait!"

I sighed and ran after them. I knew I couldn't keep up with their werewolf speed – which was probably for the best since a fight was most definitely about to go down – so I didn't even try.