thirty four

thirty four

warnings: I don't know, mentions of dying? some light kidnapping? honestly, if you've made it this far I doubt you'll have any problems.

Stiles

"This doesn't seem so bad," I said, looking around the small Mexican town we had traced the Calaveras back to.

Valerie rolled her eyes from beside me. She had tied her blonde and purple hair into a side braid, most likely to get it out of the way in case a fight broke out, which was always a possibility with us. On her face, she was sporting her usual thick-winged eyeliner and burgundy lipstick. A silver best friend necklace, that she had recently started wearing again for the first time in years, hung from her neck, along with a black choker. She was wearing a black top, plus a plaid skirt I was pretty sure actually belonged to Kira, topping it all off with a pair of black sneakers that were practically falling apart, but Valerie insisted on still using just to piss off her dad. "It's not the town, it's the plan," she said.

"What's wrong with the plan?"

Valerie gave me an incredulous look before grabbing me by the wrist and walking forward. "What's wrong with the–Stiles, this is for real the dumbest plan in the history of ever. Are all your plans usually this bad?" she asked, a small smirk pulling at her lips as she scanned the different stores around us.

I shrugged, a similar smirk on my face. "Pretty much. But hey, they've all worked out this far."

Valerie laughed. "Oh my god, we're going to die, aren't we?" It felt good to see Valerie laugh and joke around again, I didn't even care that it was at my expense. She hadn't done so in a while since her mom's funeral had happened the previous week. It was a closed ceremony, so I hadn't been allowed in, but I had been waiting outside, and as soon as it was over Valerie and I had gone to Joe's to get her mind off of it.

"How about you leave the death predictions to the actual banshee of the group," I sassed.

"Well, Lydia isn't here right now to tell you how stupid and deadly this plan is, so someone's gotta do it for her," Valerie sassed back.