thirty one

thirty one

warnings: an almost suicide, fighting, a lot of talk about death and, you know, other fun stuff.

Stiles

I stumbled out of my jeep, holding onto the railing beside it to steady myself. It wasn't long until Valerie arrived beside me, wrapping my arm around her shoulders and her arm around my waist. Everyone else headed towards the entrance of the school where we knew the nogitsune was waiting. Valerie headed to follow them, but I used my grip around her shoulders to stop her.

"Val, hold on."

She turned to look at me, frowning. "What?"

"Just..." I took a deep breath. "Okay, I'm telling you this because I know that Scott would never... I- I know what everyone's thinking, if we kill him we might kill me as well, and even if it does, I need you to promise me to-"

"To what?" Valerie's voice had risen and she was glaring at me. "Kill you? You think just because I don't like you I'm okay with letting you die? You think you're not worth saving?" There was a stubborn fire in her eyes that made my heart stop for a moment. "The plan was to save you. And that's what I'm gonna do." With that, Valerie began walking forward, dragging me with her.

When we had caught up with the others by the school doors, Scott pushed them open and the rest of us followed. But to all of our surprise, we weren't met with the dark school hallway. Instead, we stepped into a snow-covered Japanese garden. Small snowflakes were falling down, slowly covering everybody's heads and shoulders, the flakes on Valerie's hair blending in the blonde parts but standing out in the purple ones. We all exchanged confused looks, and before I knew it, my body was warming up. At first, I was confused, but then I realized it must be Valerie warming me up again because of the sudden cold weather.

Everyone turned around when the sound of the doors shutting echoed through the enclosed garden. Guess there was no turning back now.

We spread out the tiniest bit, looking around and generally wondering what we were gonna do now when the sound of feet dragging against the floor got everyone to turn towards the direction of the doors again. A figure was limping out from behind one of the stone pillars. A figure covered head to toe in bandages, wearing a brown leather jacket and army-pants. The nogitsune.