twenty two

twenty two

warnings: violence, mentions of murder, a car crash and a panic attack.

Stiles

"We were here a couple of hours ago, and the message left to Barrow spelling out Kira's and Valerie's names was right there on the board in my handwriting and I had the key to the Chemistry closet."

Scott furrowed his brows. "So, you unlocked the Chemistry closet so Barrow could hide in it from the cops and then you wrote him a message to kill Kira and Valerie?"

I shook my head. "I know, I know, I know how it sounds, but," I reached my hand into the front pocket of my pants and pulled out the paper, "look at this." Scott and Valerie leaned in so they could read the paper. "This is a news report that came out about Barrow when they caught him, okay? About the shrapnel bomb that he used. See this? See what he did? He put nuts, bolts, and screws. And then he hid the bomb and the detonator in a box that he wrapped like a birthday present. What does that sound like to you?"

Scott looked up, realization washing over his expression. "Coach. The joke we played on Coach."

"That was my idea. You remember? That was my idea. That's no coincidence, it can't be."

"I don't wanna sound like I'm trying to tell you that you're wrong but-"

"Yeah, but I don't have a problem with that," Valerie spoke up. "Stilinski, this is ridiculous, you did not send a serial killer to kill me."

I looked down, tears brimming in my eyes as I crumpled up the news report in my hand. "It was here. It was all here."

"Yeah, I know that. I saw it, okay? I saw it," she said, her voice much softer now. "But that doesn't mean you wrote it. Why and how would you even do that?"

I sighed, running a hand over my face. "I don't- I don't know."

"Dude, are you feeling okay?" asked Scott. "You're looking really tired."