Bio/history

Name: David/Dave "Recon" Shepard

Age: 18

Rank: Lance Corporal/2ic (second in charge) to a section of troops.

History: David is a New Zealand citizen and moved to Australia when he was 12 so he has a strong sense of patriotism and accent that he gets taken the piss out of for. David joined the army cadets at 13 wanting to join the army once he left school but was instead drafted when he was 16 with the rest of the cadets at his unit who were 16 and over. David passed basic and infantry training the same year he was drafted and the others from his unit who were drafted joined him and formed a new company in their battalion. They were in Perth Western Australia In 16 battalion RWAR 13 brigade. As time went on he was promoted to lance corporal and was second in charge of their company's elite section in 1 platoon 1 section known for deep infiltration. He was also the best at scouting enemy locations earning him the nickname and call sign "recon". As time went on 1 platoon was the only platoon in the company left with only soldiers from the original cadets drafted, the only others who were originally cadets were making up the rank structure in the company. David lost most of his friends and a lot of his family by the time the story starts making him cold, bitter and detached from others around him. David carries a zippo lighter his dad gave him from when he was in the NZ army, he usually plays with it and does tricks with it when he bored or concentrating. He also carries his dads NZ army beret in his back belt loop, it has blood stains of his own and his fathers on its green cloth. Since it was also wartime, higher ranks allowed soldier to personalise their uniforms to an extent, David stitched on a piece of Velcro to put a New Zealand patch on. Their section also got their own patches aswell. It is a skull screaming with a beret on and it says underneath it " 1 section, the walking dead" since not many lived for more than 5 months in their section. On David's left arm he had both Aus and NZ flags and on the right his 1 section and battalion patch.

Weapons: ef88 aus-styre, glock 17, bayonet and a KABAR a marine gave him

Equipment: DPCU I.R uniform with rolled up sleeves on hot days, khaki undershirt, plate carrier with chest rig, Kevlar helmet, bush hat, tac gloves, SPR (soldiers personal radio) and a small pack to hold his ration pack, water, sleeping bag and hootchie (camo tarp).

There are other members in his section but they will mostly appear in flashbacks.