II

It had been around a week or so since the complete stranger asked for Y/N, and if she was being honest It did disturb her for a while. By this point the H/C headed woman had almost forgot about it and was on one of her nightly strolls. Like Mr. Harred said, she had stopped going out on her walks for a few days but the temptation was too much for her to handle and she slipped back into her routine.

The sounds that the leaves made when the crunched against her boots as she walked was amplified due to the sound- or lack there of around her. It was mid autumn and Halloween wasn't too far away, so a few decorations hung around some of the houses in the neighbourhood that she walked through.

Your POV

"So much for peaceful." I whispered to myself, looking at some of the decorations. Halloween is fun, but I never get to celebrate because I'm 'too old' and 'a creep that has to get out of this party because nobody likes you.' So rude.

I only walked for a few more steps before tripping over a loose rock and falling over onto the cold, hard concrete. "Oh, that's just FUCKING great" I said, holding onto a fence and pushing myself upwards. I looked down to my legs where there was a slight stinging sensation and groaned. "I guess I wear ripped jeans now." Suddenly, as if it came from out of nowhere came a laugh. Normally this wouldn't unsettle me but can I remind you that this was in the dead of night and if someone else was there I'm sure I would've heard them. Yeah, fuck this.

Almost as soon as the laugh could be heard it was suddenly gone again. I took this as warning that I probably should leave, so I did. I began to sprint, careful not to fall again. Not to toot my own horn or anything but I can say that I'm pretty fast. Of course if someone was following me I wasn't just going to lead them to my house so I ran around for a while before I was sure that I had lost them. As I reached my house my throat was burning and I felt as if I was about to collapse under my own weight like a beached whale; I wouldn't actually of coarse, I'm far too skinny for that to happen.

I fumbled with my keys for a moment before unlocking the front door and stepping inside. "I don't think I'll be doing that for a while."

🖤Time skip🖤

Light crept through the curtains in my room, irritating me enough to wake up. It was my off-day today and I was planning on going to see my friend, Devi. She hadn't been the same since one of her dates had tried to murder her, though I don't blame her.

I did my usual morning routine before shoving a few things into my backpack and leaving. Her apartment building wasn't too far from here so I could just walk today. It only took around 10 minutes to walk to Devi's apartment block so I quickly buzzed in before shoving last night to the back of my brain, not wanting to disturb Devi anymore than she already is.

When I finally got to her door after walking up the countless sets of stairs I was utterly exhausted. I hardly knocked on the wood door, leaning on the frame to catch my breath. It took a minute for her to actually open the door. "The fuck are you doing here?" She jokingly asked, her eyes almost piercing into mine.

It had been a while since I had actually seen here. Her purple hair was now tied into pigtails and her bags under her eyes were almost as bad as mine. Almost. "Just checking in on you, Dev. Everyone has been worried about you" I frowned. I only really hung out with Devi, so the everyone was just her other friends. She huffed, standing out of the way so I could make my way inside. "Whatever, Y/N. At least you won't be annoying as Tenna." She said, referring to the girl that lived down the stairs. "Is she really that bad?" I grumbled

"It's always the same with her." She started, picking up a paintbrush and swiping it over a blank canvas. "You should go out more, she always says. It pisses me off." I sat and nodded, realising she probably needs someone to rant to. "Going out more got me into this mess anyway. It made me insane!" I was about to protest but she continued. "Especially working at that insufferable book store. That's where I met Johnny, and he ruined my life."

Suddenly I remembered that name, but this was a big city so it was probably a different guy right?
Right?