XV

I held Todd in the same position for a while, occasionally rubbing his back or whispering that he'll be alright, and of course while I was doing so Johnny had nothing to do so he decided that it'd be a good idea to drag the kids unconscious Dad down to the basement.....let's just say that there was a lot of banging and the man was probably left with brain damage...damn.

When Todd's body stopped trembling and his breathing had slowed down, I laid him gently on his bed and tucked him in. I sighed, stepping away from his bed. This kid doesn't deserve any of this. He has it worse off than I ever did and even my childhood fucked me up. I shook my head, dismissing those thoughts and I started to walk out of the room and almost bump into Johnny. "And where're you going?" He questioned me as if I was a teenage girl and he was my dad. "Home. I'm tired."

Johnny followed me out of the house and into the dark streets. Guess we weren't asleep for that long. "Hey! We still need to talk! You said that we'd talk later and it's fucking later." Johnny growled, placing a hand on my shoulder and forcefully making me turn to face him. "Eugh, right- um, talk, yeah."

We both stood awkwardly for a moment before Johnny plucked up the courage to speak. "I'm sorry about the time that I killed you........and the time that I killed off of those people in the café and the theatre and-" he spoke in a surprisingly soft tone before I cut him off. "So you're sorry about everything and you weren't yourself, am I right?" He nodded. "Okay."

He blinked a few times before responding. "What? I mean I know I wasn't completely myself during all of that shit but you're just gonna forgive me? I won't fucking kill you.....again for telling the truth. I don't like you lying to me." I looked anywhere but him and I sheepishly gathered my thoughts.

"Well I- If our last dates are a good example of our relationship then I would think that we aren't completely compatible..." I mumbled, shuffling my feet. "Are you breaking up with me?" He said, his voice somewhere between anger and sadness, although it was impossible to tell which. "NO!" I said almost immediately, fearing what would happen if I said "yes." "What I meant to say was... I think we both have our own issues that we sort out before our relationship is completely functional, Y'know? What I'm suggesting is that we take a break to sort them out....and stuff."

The air seemed thick as he looked at me in complete silence. My heart was racing and my brain was swelling with thoughts about what he was going to say. "That's fine I guess, I get it. Just- just call me when you're ready, Okay. You know I love you Y/N, I can wait." He said sombrely before walking away into his house. Did he just do what i think he did? He actually responded to a high emotion situation with respect and he didn't just lash out. Wow, I would almost like him for his development if I wasn't constantly either confused of terrified.

The drive home was silent and empty and it just didn't sit well with me. The radio was only playing static and the streets were dead. I nervously hummed a song which I didn't know the lyrics of as I reached my home. That whole thing felt to fast, and is that supposed to be a good thing? Man, how I wished I had all of the answers. I lazily dragged myself into my house, trailing directly into my freezing cold bedroom. I'll shower in the morning.

I slipped into my warm pyjamas and slipped into bed, instantly cuddling the covers as to gain heat that my own body couldn't provide. It was somewhat soothing. I don't know how long it took me to fall asleep but when I did I slept like a log, Well I suppose I did for a while, but that was until...

I fell into the ground and instantly noticed how humid it was. I rubbed my eyes before pushing myself up. When I opened my eyes I almost had a heart attack. "What? No! How am I here?!" I panicked as I looked around. It was hell. I was back in hell. I heard laughter from behind me and when I turned around I saw my good ol' pal, Señor Diablo.

"Do you have something to fucking do with this?!" I asked accusingly, pointing a finger at him. He looked down at me, almost amused. "Oh I wish, but you simply died in your sleep due to stress. This does give me an opportunity to talk to you before I send you back, though."

I looked at him, arching an eyebrow. "You're sending me back again?" He nodded. "Well I will, but if fuck up again then you won't have such a pleasure." He almost purred. "Fuck up...? Oh shit, you mean the break, right? But I thought Johnny was cool with it." Diablo heaved, shaking his head. "Well, I suppose if you thing going on a murderous rampage is chill then he is."

"Oh fuck."

"Oh fuck indeed." He was silent for a moment. "But I do suppose that this break could work to our advantage." I stared at him. "Dude, I'm tired and you're being cryptic. Just say whatever the fuck you mean." I said in an almost monotone voice. "What I mean is he's wasting his energy. If you, Well I don't know, manipulate him then he'll be too tired from all of that killing to figure it out and you can gain the upper hand and at least temporarily stop it."

"Okay, yeah you talk too much but I got it....." The demon scowled. "Well, get ready to be alive again." I pursed my lips. "Wait! Before I go can I ask a question?" He waved his hand as if to say yes. "Is my Mother down here...?" Diablo rolled his eyes. "Yes, but if you're asking to meet her then-" I shook my head. "Nah, I'm fine without that. I just wanted to know..." and with that he snapped his fingers.

I darted up, patting myself down before sighing. I was definitely alive now. I glanced at my clock. 5:56AM. Might as well get up. After lazily throwing clothes on I grabbed my keys and left my house for the day. Nobody ever believes me.......but Devi might! I've not seen her in like a month and I'm sure she'll understand.

I drove to her apartment building and sprinted inside, almost tripping over inside the same dog twice while manoeuvre my way to her door. When I got there and knocked on the door, she almost immediately answered. "Y/N? What the fuck are you doing here and why are you up this early?." I took a minute to catch my breath. "Why are you up this late? Like seriously, have you slept?"

"Touché." She said before moving to the side and letting my inside. Her apartment was more cluttered than before and it just overall felt more eerie. "But honestly, what are you doing here?" I nervously chuckled. "Well, funny story actually." It took a while to fully explain everything they had happened since the café, but she was patient with me.

"Yeah, What the fresh fuck, Y/N." Devi croaked out, seeming speechless. I honestly don't blame her. "Okay, give me a minute to understand this. You are DATING my psychotic Ex-boyfriend and you've literally met the Devil twice? That's fucking crazy." I frowned. "But you believe me, right?" She looked hesitant to answer, but she did so confidently. "Yeah, Y/N. I believe you..." I sighed in relief, feeling as if a large weight was lifted off of my shoulders. "But what am I supposed to do with this information...?" I sucked in my breath. "Well I was hoping that you'd help me figure out how to actually manipulate Johnny- Y'know, since you're the only one that believes me."

Devi slumped her shoulders and put on a strained smile. "Yeah, I'll help you tame that psychopath."