XXIV

After a moment of silence from the both of us, Johnny suggested that we relocate into the living room to try to savour whatever calmness would be left in me. I laughed, saying that I was fine, but we retreated into the room anyways. The TV was still on from Johnny watching it earlier but no series to note was airing. I huffed, sitting down on the sofa and opting to watch it out of pure boredom like I'd done for the past few days anyway.

"You don't have to watch TV if you don't want to. You're not a brainless zombie." Johnny spoke, staring down at me as he was still standing. I barely even shot a glance at him before I looked back at the TV. "At this point I might as well be. I've been put on temporary leave so I've got nothing to do all day, Devi and Mr Harret are probably pissed at me, and I cant even go anywhere because of this damn hand!" I complained.

Suddenly, Johnny grabbed my wrist and pulled me to my feet. "He-!" I was cut off. "You want to go somewhere? Fine, we're going to Squee's because he's the only person that'll actually listen to us." I deadpanned at him for a second before speaking up.

"And how're we gonna get there hotshot? I cant exactly drive and there's no way in hell that I'm walking." Johnny stood for a moment silently before pulling my car keys from out of seemingly nowhere. "I'll drive!" He beamed like a child would when they got their favourite candy. I raised an eyebrow at his rather odd behaviour, but shrugged it off as it was typical for him.

"You can drive?"

"I don't have a license but I can."

"I swear to god if you fucking wreck my car.."

"Jesus fucking Christ, I'm not that irresponsible."

And with that we left. The drive was pretty silent, and with it now being around 11pm or so the roads were pretty much empty. Nothing of note really happened as Johnny was too focused on the road to do anything crazy and I was too busy trying not to zone out again. Since it was as late as it was it didn't take long to get to the all too familiar neighbourhood.

"Okay, we're here! Now get the fuck out." He declared, taking the keys out of the ignition and twirling them around his finger. I went to open the door before abruptly turning back to him with my eyebrows furrowed. "It's my car! I can do whatever the fuck I want!" I argued back.

"Y/N, are you really gonna sit here all night? because if you do then I'm not sitting with you. I have things to do."

I huffed, but knowing he was right I ignored what he said and opened the door and stepped out of the car door. When Johnny emerged from the car he shoved the keys in his back pocket and swiftly started to walk up to the Casil resistance. I quickly followed behind him, and I almost walked into him when he stopped abruptly with an audible groan. "Fuckers are still awake." He started before a sly grin covered his face. "We're talking the scenic route!" He proclaimed before grabbing my wrist and dragging me towards the side of the house. Of course I was confused, but this was Johnny so it wasn't too surreal for him to act unpredictable. He grinned down at me for a few seconds while I gathered my thoughts before looking at an upstairs window.

"Oh yeah, Like I'm gonna climb up the side of a house." I quipped, crossing my arms. Johnny looked back down at me, a frown now donning his face. "Well we're not just gonna walk through the front door. Besides, I do it all of the time." He shrugged it off. I almost laughed at the image of the bony man climbing up the side of a building like a spider. "Even if I wanted to, how am I supposed to do it with one hand? Answer me that."

He stood still for a second; a hand on his chin like he was a cartoon character in deep thought, before responding to me. "I'll help you up. Don't think about it, I'm not in love with the idea either."

And help me up he did— well he did his best. Somehow Johnny made it up into what I assumed to be Todd's room in no time while I was still grounded. For some reason Johnny thought it would be a good idea to almost fully hang out of the window after I moved some things in front of it for me to stand on. When I was high enough I gripped onto his arm before he —against all odds— managed to pull me into the child's bedroom.

I almost immediately slumped onto the floor in exhaustion while Johnny sat at the edge of Todd's bed. Poor kid wasn't even awake yet which surprised me with the amount of noise that we made. Johnny gently poked the kid on the shoulder, and then again before Todd eventually stirred. It wasn't for another 5 minutes before he was even awake and by that time I had finally caught my breathe and was having some dumb conversation with Johnny about something that I wasn't all too interested in.

"And then the bitch— Oh, hey Squee! Guess who I brought!" Johnny enthused, his face uncontrollably close to the small child's. Todd glanced up at him, clutching a blanket closely to his chest while he shook like a chihuahua, before he glanced down at me. I gave an awkward smile, slightly waving my hand so as not to scare him more than he already was. After a moment of him staring at me in a tired stupor he must've recognised me as he jumped right off of his bed and onto the floor right next to me. He looked back of his bed for a second before realising that he didn't have Shmee, which he swiftly grabbed from off of his bed before looking back at me.

"Hey—uh, kiddo. Hows.....School?" I questioned him, although it was more of a question to myself as I had no clue of how to talk to kids. Todd shrugged, after which his eyes widened in which I can only assume is realisation. "I made a new friend!" He beamed, practically bouncing off of the floor. I chuckled at his innocence. Must be hard for the kid considering everything that was happening all around him. "Oh? That's great! What's their name?"

"Pepito!" He answered rather loudly, to which Johnny told him to be quiet as to not alert anyone in the house. Todd sheepishly nodded. My eyes widened, but I simply laughed it off. "That's nice. I met a kid called Pepito earlier today. Looked kind of...demony, but who am I to judge?" I commented, thinking back to the grocery store. Todd nodded excitedly. "Yes! That's him!" If I was drinking something I would've spat it out. "No way!" I laughed, shaking my head. "I guess it is a small world after all."

I quiet conversation went on for a while, even after Todd's dad went to bed. Mostly it was Todd and I thinking up some fantastical stuff with the occasional butting in of Johnny who added his own....twists which seemed to terrify the kid to the bone, to which I would simply scold the man and continue the conversation. It must've been around 3am when I noticed how tired the boys looked, and when I brought it up Johnny was quick to defend himself with "I don't need sleep! It just takes up too much fucking time!" I sighed at him, before I lifted the small child into bed.

"Have sweet dreams, okay kiddo?" I said softly, him nodding in response. "Well then, guess we'll be going then. Bye!" I smiled before stretching and standing completely up. Johnny muttered a small "Bye." Before climbing out the window. With some- or a lot of struggle I also managed my way down the side of the house, although it wasn't gracious at all.

Johnny shoved his hands in his pockets, looking more pissed than he usually did. "What the fuck was all of that about?!" He snapped, beginning to walk towards his own house. I was quick to follow behind him, an irked look on my face. "What the fuck did I do? I literally was just talking with the kid!" I argued, literally having no clue what he was talking about. He turned around and glared at me before he continued to walk.

"Exactly! When I even tried to talk you just ignored me! That's a dick move and you fucking know it." He stressed. To this, I practically stopped in my tracks, most likely looking dumbfounded. "Seriously?! You're jealous of a, what? 7 year old?! You seriously need to sort out your shit man, because I'm not just a slave for you to talk to." I seethed. Johnny ignored me, preferring to walk up to his house door instead. I followed him, only for the sole reason that he had my keys. "You still need to drive me home, Jackass!"

Johnny turned around, pulling my keys out of the his back pocket while he looked like he was gonna spew some bullshit about how I'm a horrible person until he just stopped. I followed his eyeline as he clearly wasn't looking at me to a random spot somewhere behind me. I squinted my eyes for a second, not really understanding what the fuck was going on until Johnny grabbed my arm and virtually dragged me into my car.

"What the hell?!" I complained, being thrown into the passenger side of my car, shortly after which Johnny sat in the drivers side. "What was that all about?" Johnny looked at me with a look that I could've easily mistaken for fear if it wasn't for the scowl on his face.

"It's fine. I just thought I saw someone. Let's just get you home."