Part 17

Marinette saw him approaching and she began to feel numb. She didn't know what to say, or even what to feel. The anger she had felt the day before came rolling back and she wanted to scream. He walked up to her and looked down. "Hi." He said shyly. Marinette turned away. But immediately felt bad. Her face turned somber. Adrien eyes hit the floor. He sat down on the very edge of the bench. Suddenly, they both looked straight at each other and said "I'm sorry" They both giggled and sighed. Adrien finally a spoke, "I'm the one who should be sorry, Marinette.

I treated you unfairly, I should have respected your feelings." Marinette nodded.
"Thanks. But, I feel bad. You poured your heart out to me and I rejected you. I just wish, you would have told me sooner." Adrien winced. "I know! I feel like such a blind idiot. You were right in front of me all this time." Marinette smiled and she out her hand on his shoulder. "It's ok, Adrien. I'm happy to be your friend. And I do care about you." He smiled at her with his beautiful teeth.

     After this, everything was normal between them. But Adrien still felt the same. And he still felt the same for Ladybug! He sat in his desk chair taking to Plagg. "What do I do!" Plagg shrugged. "Idk." Plagg clearly didn't care. Adrien finally realized what he needed to do. "I should go to Marinette's as Chat Noir! That way I can talk to her without her knowing my feelings." Plagg squinted his eyes. "Isn't that manipulative?" Adrien turned his head towards his kwami. "No, of course not." Plagg shrugged. "Ok kid, just keep telling yourself that." Adrien ignored him and transformed, going on his way to his princess.

      Marinette sat on her desk sketching. Tikki came suddenly asking her the long awaited question. "So... you and Chat Noir??" Marinette blushed and turned away. "No of course not." Tiki rolled her tiny eyes. "You don't have to lie to me Marinette, I'm much wiser than you. I've seen this kind of stuff happen for centuries. Marinette was scared to tell Tikki her full feelings out of judgement. Since she was a superhero. She shouldn't have been feeling this way. But, Chat was the only person that really understood and respected her feelings. Finally she couldn't take it. "Fine, yes I have slight feelings for Chat." Tikki's eyes widened and she smiled. "I knew it! But wait, your superheroes? You can't-" "I know Tikki! That's why I didn't want to tell you! Ugh, why is love so complicated. Tikki shook her head. "It's only complicated for you." They began laughing until Marinette heard a knock on her trap door. She opened it in hope of seeing him, but no one was there. "Huh, must have been a pigeon or something." And she went back to her work.