Part 22

Marinette began looking through her closet for a dress. "I know it's here somewhere, aha!" she pulled out a pink dress with ruffles. Tikki began questioning her. "If you're in love with Chat Noir why are you bringing Luka to the gala?" Marinette rolled her eyes. "Well, I can't bring Chat! Anyway, it's because I feel bad for Luka. We're just going as friends you know?" "Well maybe to you it's friends but to him, it could be more!" "Don't worry, Tikki, we'll be fine." But deep down, Marinette did regret asking him. She just felt bad and thought it would be innocent. But Luka was still in love with her, and he was taking this seriously. Tikki rolled her eyes. "So, do you know when you will see Chat Noir soon?" Marinette's heart leaped at his name. "I don't know, Tikki. Probably during the next akuma attack. "No, I mean as Marinette." "Um-well." This was when Marinette realized it. How would she have any relations with Chat Noir when she didn't even have his phone number. Or know his identity? It would never work. Would she have to wait until something bad happened in order to see him again? Tikki noticed Marinette's somber face and came to comfort her. "I don't know, Tikki. I... don't know."

The last thing Adrien wanted was to see Kagami. What would he do if she tried to kiss him? Or what if Marinette saw them dancing? What is she thought they were a couple? He sighed and began getting dressed. He would just have to deal with it. He strolled into the hallway and went into the doorway. Mrs. Tsuragi was talking to his father, and Kagami was next to them. He gulped and walked over to them. They had small talk. And soon guests started arriving. Only Max, Kim, and Lila were there. "Didn't you say Ondine was
coming?" Max asked Kim. Lila was right behind them, listening to their conversation. "Oh yes, she's coming late due to a private swim lesson." Kim and onto his phone, and Lila watched him put in the passcode. He then set it on the table and left. Lila came over and took it. She went to his texts and saw Ondine's contact. A text read: "I'm on my way." Lila then text. "No, don't come. I'm actually with Chloe instead. She's a much better girlfriend then you ever were." Ondine text back with furious messages "I thought you loved me! We're done! I can't believe you would do this to me!" Lila then deleted Kim's message. She wandered away, humming as she went.