Chapter 3: " No Dollars Without Brawlers!"

Jessie's POV

Jessie was protesting in the large crowd, screaming at Clash Royale troops about the Stamp Act. Jess glanced behind her and saw Bibi staring at the crowd. Jessie tried to beckon Bibi in, but Bibi showed no admiration of Jessie. Soon Bibi was on her way.

"Dang it." Jessie mumbled. She continued screaming at the troops.

"No dollars without brawlers!" Jessie heard others say. Jessie felt a weird tingly sensation throughout her body. Is what I'm doing wrong? Jessie questioned herself. What could happen to the troops if something went wrong? I'm starting to feel... sympathetic for them...

Jessie started to walk towards the troops. Once she got in front of them she turned around to face the brawlers. "Stop." She said to the brawlers calmly. She saw Colt glaring at her from afar. A smile crept onto her face. "I did the right thing." (This is turning into a horror story...)

Colt's POV

Colt wasn't angry. He wasn't bitter. Annoyed. Vexed. He was sad. Sorrowful. Heartbroken. This is worse than Shelly betraying me. Colt thought glumly. Colt sadly walked away.

"Haha! Just what I like. A morbid mortal!" Mortis observed. Mortis then looked at the crowd and must've realized what had happened. "Oh. So that's what has happened. I knew you wouldn't get sad for no reason."

Colt sighed and walked away. He saw Bandita and was reminded of her gun. "Hey Bandita! I have something to tell you." He said, trying to sound excited.

"What?" Shelly responded, clueless.

"Umm..." said Colt, struggling to find his words. "Jess... Jessie w-went to the d-dark side..." A cloud passed over Shelly's face.

"Well, this might not be the best time to tell you," Shelly started. "but I've been thinking about it all day, and well... I just need to get it off my chest."

Is this the day she confesses her love? Or...or hate? Colt asked himself.

Shelly sighed. "It's that... I'm Shelly." Her form changed. Her clothes turned into a yellow bandana and a purple shirt. Her hair turned purple and shrunk just an inch shorter. Now Colt was angry.

"So that why you were so familiar..." Colt said, grinding his teeth as he stepped towards Shelly. He caught hold of Shelly's bandana and tightened it around her neck. "This won't kill you, but it will make you lose consciousness. I'm sorry. I know I will regret it later but I can't handle the urge..." (This chapter IS a horror story.)

Shelly's POV

Shelly was losing air. She started to feel lightheaded. As soon as she closed her eyes, her bandana loosened but she had already passed out.

Colt's POV

As Colt walked away from Shelly, a wave of guilt hit him. "Ughhh. I shouldn't have done that!" He whined.

Shelly walked over to Colt as his muscles tensed. "I'm sorry." He said, knowing how much damage Shelly could do up-close.

"I know." Shelly said, her eyes becoming shiny and her face becoming red. She handed Colt a series of papers and walked away. Colt looked at it and it was her Brawler and Bot war story.

"Oh." He said. He thought about the time he shot her from so many weeks ago. "I was so judgmental." And for the first time, Colt messed his hair with displeasure. He walked forwards, not even looking ahead of him. He heard a crowd and assumed that it was the crowd from earlier, but it wasn't in the right location and the crowd from earlier broke up a little after the Jessie situation. He looked up and had a weird sensation of déjà vu.

He saw a crowd shouting and several Clash Royale troops standing, soaking up the insults. He saw Bibi staring like him, but was strangely repulsive towards the crowd. Then, it finally hit him. He ran to Bibi and said, "We need to get people out of here!" He panicked.

"We can't rewrite history. Even if we did save a few we would risk ourselves and possibly others." Bibi sighed.

"Yeah. Guess you're right." Colt agreed. "Five will die. Others will be injured. It will anger us brawlers and along with many other events, we will revolt against Clash Royale."

"But nobody knows. They don't know that this is the Brawler Revolution and that this is the Brawl-ston Massacre." Bibi finished. She plastered a fake grin on her face that only lasted a second.

The crowd of unlucky brawlers shouted and protested, just like Colt had seen before but this seemed more realistic. He looked at the Clash Royale troops. 1 minute passed... 2 minutes passed... 3 minutes passed... 4 minutes passed... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9...10...11... and that was the minute it happened.

Boom! Boom! Boom! Multiple shots were heard from several musketeers. Screams echoed throughout the streets. Chaos  arose rapidly. Ambulances were attending to the hurt, but for some, it was too late. All Colt and Bibi were doing, though, was standing. Watching. Nothing.

Bibi's words rung in Colt's head. We can't rewrite history. But what if it made things better rather than worse?