Chapter 11: The Battle

Shelly's POV

Shelly had been training the troops when Bibi came up to her.

"I need to tell you something." Bibi said.

"What is it?" Shelly asked back.

"It's that... Mr. Bat is back. You see, after I went home, I turned into this weird outfit. My knife grew bigger and I found out that I could change the giant knife back into Mr. Bat! Anyway, I have him back now, and I can help you with training."

"Wow! That's great! The he with training would also be sweet. You can talk to the close range brawlers. Gene is confused on how to aim his super so I'm teaching him that. Good luck."

Emz's POV

Emz was talking to Poco through DMs since it was too awkward in person.

Emz: Do you want to go out and get lunch later? I heard that The Pirate Ship has updated its menu.
Poco: Sure!
Emz: Great! I'll put in our reservations. I'm sure It'll be tasty!
Poco: Yeah! By the way, I just posted a new song! Make sure to listen to it! Piper inspired me to make it!
Emz: Darn it!
Poco: What is it?
Emz: Nothing.
Emz: Anyway, I should get going. I'll be trained after Shelly is done with Gene.
Poco: Bye then!

Emz turned off her phone. She had completely forgot that Poco had a giant crush on Piper. There was no chance to get Poco now. She decided to do something that she would only do if she was desperate, which she was. She would confess her feelings at lunch.

"Emz! Gene's done with his training! You next!" Shelly shouted.

Carol's POV

Carol combed her perfect hair as she healed her toe (which she had stubbed) with her powers. When she was ready, she walked to the post office. She had a plan to befriend Quince.

Carol went to the a desk at the postoffice and put a beautifully made envelope on the desk. A dart goblin snatched the letter from behind the desk.

Poco's POV

Poco noticed that Emz was acting... strange. She was starting to try to get closer to him. What this some sort of bet? What would happen at lunch? Poco sighed.

"I suppose I'll find out later. Hmm... It's a few hours before lunch, and I'm already done training. Maybe I can meet Piper!"

Poco rushed to see where Piper was. He discovered that Piper was done with training, and was at home.

P0co rung Piper's doorbell as he nervously waited for Piper to respond. After a few minutes, Poco figured Piper wasn't going to respond and started walking away when he heard a door open.

"Poco? What do you want?" Piper asked.

Poco turned around. Piper was wearing a light pink sweater-dress that had tiny white snowflakes all over it. She also had her hair down with a matching pink snowflake-shaped hair clip.

 She also had her hair down with a matching pink snowflake-shaped hair clip