Chapter 9: Quests

So, I'm gonna explain this chapter. This one will have no things happening that is referring to an event in the American Revolution (except maybe a reference here and there). This chapter will have Leon's Adventure, Shelly X Colt, and Max's adventure (that also has a little of what I think is Sandy's backstory).

Leon felt like tons were on his shoulders. He didn't want to disappoint Pam and Poco, Shelly, or Max. Leon's task was to be done tomorrow.

"I can't believe..." Leon muttered as he sat down on on a park bench. "How do I do this? Sure, it's a simple task, but if I fail..." Leon shuttered at the thought.

"What is it?" Nita said out of nowhere which startled Leon.

"My quest..." Leon sighed.

"And you're nervous?" Nita asked with a hint of sympathy in her voice.

"Feeling bad for me?" Leon chuckled for the first time since he was told he had a quest.

"O-of course not!" Nita yelled. "I just wanted to know what you were doing. I was gonna ask if you wanted to play some brawl ball."

"Sure. Got nothing better to do than weep." Leon moped.

The Next Day...

Leon had a few supplies in his hand to help him with his quest. A rope, some water, some power cubes, and of course, his knives.

"Good luck." Nita said.

"Break a leg." Shelly sighed.

Leon saluted to his general and went on his way. It was almost dusk and Leon decided to go to the armory first. It was protected pretty well, but the protection decreases at night- especially during dinner time. There was mostly troops that didn't need to eat like fire spirits, ice spirits, and skeletons. They were easy to kill, but what worried Leon was the inferno tower. The inferno tower would detect Leon immediately and set all the other troops into a frenzy to kill him. The plan was to carefully aim a knife made out of dry ice (Leon wore gloves) and freeze the inferno tower. Leon's range was just barely enough to hit the inferno tower and hide so the other troops wouldn't be alerted of his presence.

Leon gulped as he precisely aimed his shot until he was positive he would hit. When Leon threw the shot, it hit the inferno tower and deactivated it. Leon had a sigh of relief before stealthily stalking towards the armory. The plan was to get close to the armory and switch to Shark Leon because by then, it would be dark but not dark enough for Werewolf Leon. He would then get into the armory through the less protected back entrance, steal a vial of heal, and escape the same way he came in. Pretty simple.

As Leon crept towards the back entrance, he quickly changed to Shark Leon and continued to the door. A little before he reached the door he felt a rustle in the grass, but it was only his hand shaking with stress and anxiety. Once he got to the door, Leon took a deep breath and opened the door. It only had a couple of creeks which almost gave Leon a panic attack, but he was fine.

"Wow..." Leon muttered as he marveled at the shelves of potions and weapons in the dully lighted room. Leon read the labels on each shelf and found the heal in no time.

"Heh." Leon laughed to himself. "When being organized can be bad." Leon snatched the vial and put it into his pocket. Leon silently slid out of the armory and felt a wave of relief until he remembered the vault which put him even more on edge. Leon got out a small gem that was in his pocket from the gem grab from yesterday that Nita had given him. Gem grab was soon to be gone since Clash Royale was taking all of the gems.

"I will cherish this gem." Leon said as he quietly snuck up on the vault. It was VERY well protected with almost no entrance- except one. The plan was to startle the giant skeleton so much that he drops his massive bomb and explode the vault. It was risky, with the high chance of Leon's death (and the king had already declared war so...) but it was the only option that didn't guarantee Leon's death that he and Nita could think of in a day.