Chapter 12: A Frozen Brawliday

Even though the Brawlers won the battle, they had even more restrictions and taxes. Not only that, but they now had to live in the tunnels that the Clash Royale troops had dug out.

Jacky's POV

Jacky was busy trying to expand the tunnels that she now lived in with Carl.

"What's the point of me doing this? We're not deep enough for us to come across anything of value!" Carl complained.

"Do you want to be packed like sardines or not?" Jacky snapped.

"Fine." Carl groaned.

"%^%#&&@@#%..." Jacky muttered as she turned on her jackhammer.

That's when Shelly ran up to the two. "Go to the surface!"

"That was random." Carl pointed out as they walked to the nearest exit. When they got to the surface, Pam and Shelly were whispering things to Brawlers. Jacky walked up to Pam and she told her something.

"Hey, Shelly and I want to escape Brawl Town and train in an abandoned town that's a few miles away. If you want to join us, g0 t0 the South edge of Brawl Town at midnight. Goodbye."

Jacky was interested in the little adventure. Pam had already moved on to another Brawler while Jacky headed back down into the tunnels.

Poco's POV

"Yes! I finally finished my new song!" Poco exclaimed. He went to tell Emz through texting.

Poco: Emz! I wrote a new song! Thx for the advice!

Emz: You're welcome! Are u gonna come to the thing at midnight?

Poco: I think so. Wait-

Emz: I'm going, too. Can't wait to see you!

Poco: Anyway, gtg heal a cut that Colt got. Bye!

"I can't wait to show my song to Emz!" Poco said as he picked up his guitar.

"POCO! Colt's CRYING!" Pam screamed.

"One second!"

Quince's POV

Quince was going back to his quarters to eat lunch. He was at his door when Carol ran up to him.

"Uh... Hello?" Quince asked.

"Hi! I forgot about Clash Royale's battle plans, but we can eat now!" Carol said happily.

"Oh... really?" Quince asked as his face turned red.

"Yes! You can decline but-"

"No- no! You are welcome to stay!"

"Oh. Thanks!"

Quince opened the door for Carol and they both sat down at his dining table.

"I just ordered some food for you and I. What do you wanna do while we wait?" Quince said.

"Hm. I'm not completely sure."

"You know what? I trust you. I just have a feeling that you won't tell others a secret of mine."

"Really? Ha, not like I have any loyal friends anyway."

"Oh, I'm sorry I said that!"

"No worries! Just making sure you're comfortable with what you're doing."

"I think I am. Okay..." Quince took a deep breath. "I don't like Clash Royale anymore. I feel bad for those poor brawlers. We came to protect them, and then turned on them!  Those brawlers are defenseless compared to the King. Especially when the king's angry, like right now. I just think it's wrong to do this to the brawlers."