~13~

The next day, I have the day off from classes so I hang out in my room until Mat texts to say he's leaving to come get me, leaving me an hour to get ready.

I throw on a blue and white bikini that Sophia bought for me when we went to Florida last year. It was the only bathing suit I brought to school with me since I wasn't planning on needing it at all this semester. 

I pull on a pair of denim shorts and a black crop top over my suit

I grab a small bag to throw extra clothes in and I put some other stuff in it. I'm doing my makeup in the bathroom mirror just as my phone rings. Its Mathew.

Hey! I'm here!
Ok! I'll be right down!

He hangs up and I put on a pair of flip flops and grab my sunglasses before running down to the black Audi parked outside my building.

"Hi!" I say cheerily as I throw my bag in the backseat of his car.

"Hey" He says, smiling. I can't help but ogle him. He's got on a pair of black swim trunks and Adidas slides and a blue islanders tshirt. He also has a black baseball hat backwards on his head and black sunglasses. I can see the chain of his necklace that he wears peeking out from the collar of his shirt. I have yet to see what's at the end of the necklace. "You ready?" He asks.

"Yup." I say, settling into the seat. He rollsthe windows down and turns up the music, which was G-Eazy. The bass bumpsthrough his speakers as he leaves campus en route to the party. "You wanna picksomething to listen to?" He asks at one point, handing over his iPhone X. Itake it from him and wake it up to see the generic iPhone wallpaper. He looksover at me so that the phone registers his face to unlock and I pick a song. Iplay a 6ix9ine song and Mat looks over at me and even though he has sunglasseson, I can tell his eyes are wide. "What?" I say. "You listen to 6ix9ine?" Heasks. "Occasionally." I say. "I never would've guessed." He says, laughing."There's a lot of things you don't know about me." I say. "And I plan onlearning them all." He mumbles. I smirk and look out the window at the world ofNew York flying by. The whole time we're driving, the nervousness builds. Thiswill be the first time I meet most or all of Mathew's teammates. What will heintroduce me as? Will everyone like me? Will they think I'm just another puckbunny? My knee starts to bounce up and down. Almost as if he's reading my mind,Mat puts the hand that's not on the steering wheel on my knee, stopping itsbouncing. I look over and smile at him.