~46~

A Couple Weeks Later, LEXI'S POV

A couple weeks after Mat told me about Casino night, I went with a group of the girls to a boutique where they supposedly get dresses every year. We made a day of it and went to get lunch and do some other shopping. When we get to the store, I got filled in on all the other details about the glamourous night from Lauren.

"Usually while the guys are working, we all just hang out and go play some of the tables ourselves. There's a formal dinner and a walkway where all the guys get their picture taken. It's for the Islanders and NHL pages so we've all been featured on there. It's pretty cool. It's a long night but we get to get all dressed up."

"So let's find you a HOT dress so it'll be hard for Mathew to contain himself." Cassie adds.

We browse for a while and the girls have me try on a couple dresses, none of which really stood out to me. There was one dress though, that Megan Bailey picked out that I really liked. I slid into it in the dressing room and came out to show the girls.

"Oh my god Lexi, that's the one, you have to get that!" Lauren squeals.

"You look so hot!" Cassie adds.

"Good luck Mat." Megan murmurs. I turn and look at myself in the mirror and smile. I do love this dress. And so will Mat.

"Is the slit too much? I feel like for his work thing it's too much showing

"Is the slit too much? I feel like for his work thing it's too much showing." I wonder, looking at myself in the mirror.
"Girl, you look like a goddess. Mat will love this! Do you?" Lauren asks, standing behind me in the mirror.

I nod and say "Yeah I think this'll be good." The girls all squeal and we go on finding the other girls dresses. "Just think Lex, there's a possibility you'll get to do this again in a couple months." Cassie says. "For what?" I ask, hanging my dress up on a reserve hook. "The NHL awards, girl. Mat's most likely going to be at least nominated." Cassie says. "For which award though, isn't it hard to tell at this point in January?" I ask.

"Sometimes. But he's doing so well I would be shocked if he didn't win." Megan says, browsing at a dress of her own.

"My guess would be either Selke or Lady Byng." Grace Lee muses.

"You're dating one of the NHL's superstars. Iwould be shocked if he didn't get one. Hence, you might want to start lookingat dresses for the awards ceremony." Lauren laughs.