~47~

Almost two weeks later, I was packing to travel to St. Louis with Mat. He was coming to pick me up in a little bit and I was no where near ready. I packed the outfit he got me for Christmas and I hadn't taken off the necklace he got me unless it was to sleep or shower. It was the most gorgeous thing I owned and he did an amazing job designing it.

"Do you really have to leave again?" Soph asks me, scrolling through her phone. "Yes I really do. I have to support Mat. He got chosen to play with the rest of the league's superstars, I have to watch him do his thing." I explain, not stopping what I'm doing as I shove a couple pairs of socks in my suitcase.

"Yeah, but when you get back you have casino night." She says, glancing at my dress bag, which was hanging on the back of our door.

"That's part of dating someone who plays professional sports. I'm sorry Soph. We'll have to plan a trip to go on after graduation." I say.

"Fine, now hurry up. I think Mat's here." She says, getting up to go let him in.

I finish some last minute things and gather everything to fly to St. Louis.

"Hey beautiful." Mat say when he sees me.

"Hello handsome." I say, kissing him quickly before turning back to Soph and hugging her goodbye.

Once we're at the airport, I finally get my laptop out and finish some school work while Mat makes a phone call, his manager I think.

We board the plane and Mat and I settle in for a movie, which I fall asleep for. About an hour later, I wake up and Mathew is asleep on my shoulder. I reach up and run my hand through his hair and kiss his forehead. He sleeps for about another hour and when he woke, we still had about 2 hours to go. We both did our thing for a while, not really speaking.

We got off the plane and I follow Mat through the airport to baggage claim. We get our stuff and we hitch a ride with Cam Atkinson from Columbus to the hotel where the NHL set all the players up.

For me, this was a chance to be away from school and stress and be with Mat, even if it was for a couple days. We would be in the same room together and spending more time together, which was nice after being apart for two weeks.

The timeline of the weekend was this:

Friday morning-arrive in St. Louis

Friday afternoon- all-star luncheon

Friday night- free

Saturday morning- practice

Saturday afternoon- free

Saturday night- all-star competition

Sunday morning- all-star breakfast

Sunday afternoon- prep for game

Sunday night- all-star game

Depart Monday morning

The afternoon that we arrived in St. Louis, Mat had to go to lunch with the other players from his division. I spent some time talking to Cam Atkinson's wife, Natalie. We went shopping while the guys had lunch. Eventually, I got a text from Mat saying he was back and wanted to see me.

Natalie and I went back to the hotel and I found Mat waiting for me on our hotel bed and when I entered, he greeted me with a kiss. "Whatcha been up to beautiful?" He asks. "Did a little shopping." I respond. "Oh, found something for me, eh?" he jokes, peering down at the bag in my hand. "Actually, not this time. I found myself a new skirt." I say. "Wear it tonight yeah?" He murmurs in my ear. "For what?" I ask. "I'm taking you out to dinner." He says, going into the bathroom to change out of his all star tshirt and into a pair of khaki pants and a dress shirt. While he gets ready, I change into the new burgundy skirt I just bought and a black turtleneck longsleeve. I pair that with a pair of black heeled boots. I go into the bathroom and do my hair and makeup with my boyfriend watching me in the mirror. He slithered his hands around my waist and clasped them over my stomach. "How do you always manage to look so beautiful, eh?" The Canadian mannerisms always get me. "Because you always manage to make me feel beautiful." I respond, turning and kissing him. I turn back and take a picture in the mirror, Mat's hands still on me. He leans down and kisses my jaw. The picture snaps with the flash on and I post in on my Instagram story.

 The picture snaps with the flash on and I post in on my Instagram story

Location: The Westin Hotel, St. Louis

@barzal97

Dinner date with my fav Canadian boy

We head out to dinner and then we walk around the city of St. Louis for a while before heading back. We were both exhausted from flying.

I'm laying in bed on my phone when Mat comes out of the bathroom and comes to bed as well. He throws his shirt off before crawling in next to me. His body warming me under the cold sheets.

Just before he falls asleep, Mat posts a picture on Instagram.

Location: The Westin Hotel, St. Louis

Tagged: lexicallahan

Barzal97: my rocket 🚀 love you babygirl

Lexicallhan: love you barz

Titobeauvi91: watch the hands

Sophiabuck: @titobeauvi91 I second that

Lexicallahan: @titobeauvi91 @sophiabuck chilllll guys, he was just putting his icy hands on me lol