~34~

Its 4 days to Christmas and I got another Facebook message from Mat's dad telling me they're packed and ready to join me and their son in New York. My parents have become easier about the fact that I'm dating an NHLer and now they're excited more than anything to meet Mat. We decided that Mat and I are going to spend the earlier hours of Christmas morning together and then meet our families for brunch. Of course, Mat still has no idea his family will be visiting.

I decide to go visit Colton at his apartment one day before Christmas and we go shopping for our parents.

"So how did you end up meeting Barzal? One of NHL's all stars." He asks as we wander around the mall.

"Sophia and I went to Starbucks one night after an Islanders game and he paid for my drink and gave me his number and we just kinda started talking and hanging out." I say.

"Thats wild. And he actually likes you?" Colton jokes.

"Pretty sure." I laugh and roll my eyes.

"He may play professional hockey but if he breaks your heart, I'll kick his ass and thats a promise." Colton says in a serious tone.

"You do that." I say, glancing at my phone, which lit up with a text from Lauren. "So when do his parents get in?" He adds.

"Tomorrow, the 23rd." I say.

"It kind of stinks they cant actually stay with their son for Christmas at his place." Colton says.

"Well yeah, but they understand why they cant; because itll ruin the surprise." I say.

"Fair point." Colt says.