~38~

On Christmas morning, I wake up late and find that my boyfriend is not next to me. I grab my phone and head to find him. I enter the kitchen and find him leaning against the counter, scrolling through his phone. "Good morning beautiful" He says when he sees me. "Merry Christmas" I say, kissing him. "Nice hickey." I say, using my finger to turn his jaw, exposing the red and purple bruise he has. "Yeah, thanks. That'll be fun for your dad to see." He says. "Get over it." I say. "Here you go, princess. First Christmas present." He says, going to the fridge and pulling out my favorite Starbucks drink in the biggest size they have. "Oh my gosh! Mat how did you get this? Starbucks is closed right now!" I exclaim. "I have my ways." He smirks. "I love you." I say, hugging him tightly. "It really isn't hard to please you is it?" HE comments. "Nope." I say, taking a sip and hurrying over to our little tree and plopping down next to it, placing my drink on the side table. "Ok here." Mat says, handing me a clothing box. I unwrap the snowman wrapping paper and open it. Inside is what looks like a full outfit. A pair of black ripped super skinny jeans and a white turtleneck sweater with a black and blue blanket scarf and also a belt to top it all off. "Mat I love this! Who picked it?" I ask, knowing full well he didn't pick the outfit out himself. "Rebecca." He says, referring to Dennis Seidinburg's wife, who owns a boutique and who gave Mat the style he now has today. "I picked the top out though." He adds, clearly proud of himself. "I love it, thank you." I say, kissing him.

Next, I hand him a thin longer box containing a royal blue tie with the interior lining that has his initial MB patterned on the inside. "Thank you babe, I can wear this to the games, I love it." He says.

After that, he hands me an envelope. Confused, I open it. Inside is a ticket to the NHL All-star game and an access pass to the weekend's festivities. "Oh my god." I say, my jaw dropping. "Did you get selected?" I ask. He nods his head and I instantly hug him "Oh my gosh Mat that's amazing, I'm so proud of you!!" I practically yell.  "Thank you babe. I'm excited. I knew a while ago I just figured this would be a cool way of telling you." He says, hugging me tightly. "I'm so excited to go." I say. Next I hand him my next present for him. I had gotten him more cologne because he mentioned once that he was running low on his favorite. He was actually rather excited about that.

After a while, I had also gotten a pair of white heeled ankle boots (also from Rebecca). And I had given him a new pair of brown dress shoes.

At last we each had one lst gift to give to each other. "You go first." I tell him, handing him the necklace I had made for him. He opens the box and carefully lifts the chain out of it. "Oh my gosh babe, this is so cool." He muses, inspecting it, looking at the inscription on the inside. He then takes off the chain he was wearing and put it in the box and then puts on the new one. It looked really good on him.

"OK your turn." He says, handing me a similar box. I open it to find the most gorgeous necklace inside.

 I open it to find the most gorgeous necklace inside

"Mathew." Is all I manage to say. "Do you like it?" He asks. "Mat I love this. It's beautiful. Oh my gosh I can't stop looking at it." I say, my jaw dropped. "Here." He says, taking it from me and putting it on for me. I look down at it on my chest and admire the way it sparkles in the lights from the Christmas tree. "Thank you so much." I say. "I had that designed specifically for you." He says. "This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." I breathe. "And you're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." He says, kissing me.

"Remember we have to meet your family at 11 for brunch." He says, cleaning some of the wrapping paper. I look at my phone and see that its 9:45. I also take a look at my wallpaper. It's a picture of Mat and I after one of the games in Canada. I think Cassie took the picture but I have a hand on his chest and he has an arm around me.

We clean up from presents and go get ready forbrunch. I put on the new outfit Mat got me and he dresses in a black dressshirt and black dress pants. He leaves the top button undone, making it lookmore casual. He also wears the new tie I got him. "My god you're hot." I mumblewhile he does his hair in the mirror. While I'm waiting for him to finish, Ipost a picture on my Instagram.

 While I'm waiting for him to finish, Ipost a picture on my Instagram

Lexicallahan: merry Christmas darling! Love you dearly

Tagged: barzal97

Liked by barzal97, titobeauvi91, coltoncally45 and 5,693 more

View all comments

Laurenlamp: this is adorable, merry xmas you two

Sophiabuck: have a good xmas roomie!

Titobeauvi91: but hes Canadian...

Barzal97: I love you babygirl

Nyislanders: merry Christmas Barzy!

While I was posting, I got a message from Mat's dad saying they were ready to go. I tell him we're about to leave and that I'll see them soon. I also got a notification that I was tagged in a picture on Instagram.

It's the picture I just posted, but it wasposted by Nhlhockeywags with the caption Mat Barzal and girlfriend Lexi.Merry Christmas, Isles Fans! I like the picture.