~37~

We arrive at the restaurant and meet Beau and Lauren inside. Mat opens the door for me with one hand, the other never leaving my own. "You two look so cute together!" Lauren gushes when she sees us. I give her a hug first and then Beau and we say Merry Christmas to each other.

We get seated and order our food. We spend a while talking and laughing. My sides hurt from laughing so much and it made me happy to see Mat let loose and laugh like he was. He was carefree and not stressed about hockey or the all star game or anything. It was just us.

The restaurant closed early for the holiday so Mat and I said goodbye to Beau and Lauren for a while because of Christmas.

"Have a good holiday Lex." Lauren says while hugging me goodbye.

Mat and I hop in the car and head back to Mat's apartment.

We change out of our dinner clothes and I get into a pair of shorts and one of Mathew's Islanders hoodies. He comes out in just a pair of basketball shorts and we watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas together. "Merry Christmas, beautiful." Mat says randomly during the movie. "Merry Christmas Mathew." I say, looking up at him from the cradle of his arm. He leans down and kisses me, slightly running his tongue against my lips. I smirk and hop on top of his lap and his hands automatically go to my butt, running them all up and down my back. My lips go to his jaw and then his neck. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." He mutters. I don't listen and instead give him a mark on his lower neck that I'm sure will be purple. "You know I have to meet your parents, tomorrow right?" He laughs. "Oops." I say, kissing him again before he wraps his arms around me in a bear hug.

I guess I fall asleep in Mat's lap before themovie ended because my eyes flutter open and my groggy vision shows Matcarrying me to bed. He lays me down carefully, like he'd break me and pulls thesheets up over my shoulder. I can see him plug my phone in and goes to theopposite side of the bed and crawls in next to me. He wraps his arms around meand whispers in my ear "Merry Christmas babygirl." "Merry Christmas." I managebefore sleep takes me over again.