~42~

The next morning, I woke up before Mat and got showered and changed for breakfast with his family. I was standing in the mirror doing my makeup when Mat came into the bathroom and slithered his arms around my waist and running his fingertips across my bare skin on my stomach. "Good morning gorgeous." He mumbles in my ear, kissing my neck. "Good morning stud muffin." I say, turning in his grasp and kissing him. "Hurry up and shower so we can meet your family." I say, putting the finishing touches on my makeup and going back to Mat's room to put my shoes on.

He comes out a few minutes later with still-wet hair and a towel around his waist. He comes over to the edge of the bed where I was sitting and leans down. He kisses me and heads over to his closet to find clothes. He gathers some and heads back into the bathroom to change.

When he's finished, we head to the car and to breakfast.

When we enter the restaurant, we spot his parents in a booth with Liana in the corner. We head over and plop down across from them. "How are you two? Did you both sleep ok?" His mom asks. "I slept very well thanks." I say, taking a sip from the water I ordered. "Are you excited for the all-star weekend honey?" His mom asks. "Very, I'm honored to be selected again this year. It's like the team has some faith in me." He says. "And pride." I chime. "When do you have to leave to go there?" His dad asks. "We have to fly out January 22nd. The weekend activities start on the 24th." Mat explains. "Honey we're so proud of you. Lexi, make sure to take plenty of pictures for us." His mom says.

"You ready to be back at school?" Mat asks as we're walking in the door after breakfast. "No, I'm not ready to be away from you." I say. "Well maybe after you graduate you won't have to constantly be away from me." Mat says, putting his keys, wallet and phone on the counter. "What do you mean when I graduate?" I ask. "I mean maybe when you graduate you can move here with me." Mat says almost sheepishly, back turned to me. "You want me to move in?" I ask, shocked. "Yeah why not? That way you'd be here when i come home from games and practice and I'll have something to look forward to after long road trips instead of you being at school and me coming home to an empty house." He says, turning to me and wrapping his arms around me. "What do you say?" He adds. "I mean, what about a job?" I ask. "Lex, you've worked so hard for this degree that you're graduating a semester early. You're going to have job offers out the wazoo." He says. "Are you sure you're not going to get sick of me always being around?" I ask, referring to the few previous guys who loved having me around when it was convenient for them and eventually getting tired of me. "Babe, It drives me crazy when I come home from a road game and you're not here waiting for me. It kills me that the only contact we have is Facetime and sometimes even then we're too busy for that. I could never get tired of you. I miss you like crazy when you're not around." He says. "It'll take a lot of thinking about, but I think living together would be fun." I say, beaming. "Yes!" Mat exclaims and hugs me tight, lifting me off my feet. "I know you're scared about where things may or may not be headed." He starts, placing me back safely on the ground. "But just know that I love you and will do anything for you." He says, kissing me.

The next night after Mat's game, we have to say goodbye to his family as they head back to Canada. "We'll see you soon honey.We'll be there for the awards with you. Wouldn't miss it." His mom says,hugging him tightly. I think I saw a tear or two slide down her cheek and she hugged her baby goodbye to leave him in New York and they head back to Canada.She then comes to me and hugs me while Mat says bye to his dad and Liana. "It was so good to meet you Lexi. You have no idea how much he loves you." She whispered the last part in my ear as she hugged me. "It was so nice to meet you too Nadia." Then I hug his dad and then Liana. "Come see me in Canada sometime,we can hang out at a lake house or something." She says as she hugs me as well.I step back and Mat puts his arms around me and his mom says before getting in the car "Take care of my boy Lexi." "I will don't worry." I say as the doors huts and they drive off. Mat and I get in his car and head back to his place as well.