Chapter 2

I looked in the mirror and sighed. I was really going to a party tonight huh? All to prove Leo wrong.
I shook my head at that. Why does he bother me so much anyway?

Suddenly the door bell rang and I looked to the side, "Mom, can you get that?" I called. I heard footsteps.

I don't remember anyone saying they were coming. It's probably Mia coming over to get ready. Sometimes she does that unannounced.

"Oh! Hi, Leo." My mom said loudly from downstairs. I froze. No way.

I quickly rushed down the stairs pausing at the foot as my eyes landed on Leo in my house.

What was he doing here?

"Hello ma'am." Leo smiled, his eyes squinting cutely.

"Please. Please sit. I'll get you some water." My mom pulled out a chair for him. Of course she'd be nice to him. He's so popular that the whole town knew him for his amazing acting skills. That's why I think he's so scary. He can act like anything, play with peoples emotions and they'd have no clue. It's just acting anyway.

"No it's alright. I'm just here to pick up Haley." He smiled brighter. I cleared my throat. Leo looked over at me and I raised my eyebrow.

"Haley, I didn't know you and Leo were close." My mom spoke.

I laughed," We aren't." I walked down the last step and grabbed Leo's arm.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him confusingly.

"Mia told me you needed a ride." Leo shrugged. I bit my lip. Why? Why did she have to do that?  I mentally facepalmed myself. I just wanted him out of my house already. It felt weird.

"Fine. Let's go." I mumbled, as I eyed him. I was pretty short compared to him. I had to look up at him closely, as he looked down. He didn't move but just blinked down at me intensely. And for some weird reason, I didn't look away either.

"Please stay for some water at least." My mom said. I snapped out of it and I looked over at my mom, even though Leo's eyes were still on me, burning through me.

"Sorry. We really need to leave." I tugged on Leo's arm, and guided him to the door.

"Bye, Mrs. Andrews!" He said in a hurry as I dragged him quickly out. The door closed before we could hear her answer and I let go of Leo's arm, walking down the steps hurriedly, my arms crossed.

"Are you mad?" Leo called after me. I continued walking until I passed his blue Jeep, while walking across the street.

"Haley!" He stood by his car in defeat," Aren't you getting in?"

I sighed in the cold night air and shook my head even though he couldn't see. It was already dark out but that was more of a reason not to get into his car. Do you know how many stories I've heard of what he's done with girls in his car? I shivered. There's no way I'm getting in there. I don't want any rumors about me too... I just don't get how Mia thought this would be a good idea.

Suddenly headlights appeared next to me, trailing next to me.

"Leo, I said no." I turned towards the car and I froze.