Chapter 27

Authors note: this song has been stuck in my head all day today. Wanted to share it with y'all. Lately I've been feeling really dizzy so I can't focus on writing but I should get better soon👍🏻 then I'll hopefully update on a regular schedule. I have so much planned for this story and I hope you guys continue reading until the end. I hope you guys are doing well in quarantine. Comment your dayalso sorry this chapter is kind of slow. It'll get better

The first thing I heard were muffled voices and footsteps. I breathed slowly, moving my hand on the concrete under me to try and get the strength to possibly open my eyes. Who was here? What had happened? But honestly I was too weak to even think. All I knew was that my legs were shaking and that my head was pounding.

"Haley." A muffled voice called. Someone grabbed my arm, holding it closely.

"Haley, wake up." I felt soft hands on my face. Despite my eyelids feeling like they weighed a hundred pounds, the voice forced my eyes to slowly open. My vision was blurry due to the tears, but I could make out the silhouette of a blond haired boy.

He leaned closer to my face, "Hales, are you okay?" He urged me, a look of concerned etched upon his face, "Can you stand up?"

I gulped painfully, turning my head away and thinking this was a dream. Just then, I felt drops of water hit me face as well as a roar of thunder.

"Shit it's raining." I heard the voice mumble.

"Hales, Cmon. You need to stand up. You're bleeding." The guy urged, gently nudging his arm under my head and his other arm under my knees, picking me up slowly. The rain became rougher, now soaking our clothes, but I was too weak to move.

I felt like the world was spinning as he walked, my head rolled over towards his chest. All I saw were street lights, and occasionally his worried glance down towards me, his hair sticking to his face due to the rain. He ended up sitting me down on a cushioned seat, leaning my head against a frame. I realized slowly that I was in a car with a familiar scent. I leaned my head to the side, before falling asleep again.

The car ride was blurry. Occasionally I'd wake up, but had no strength to lift my head, everything was so dull.

I woke up later, slowly opening my eyes. I was face to face with a sleeping Leo. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking down at his arm draped around my waist. I realized that a cold cloth was placed on my head. I reached up, sliding it off onto the pillow under our heads. I slowly began sitting up, feeling my head pound against my skull. My eyes traveled down to my knees, bandages placed upon them carefully.

Leo's eyes opened and he looked over towards me with sleepy eyes.

"Hey. You're awake." He breathed, moving to sit up.

I blinked slowly, trying to think of where I am. I was in Leos bed, the pictures on the cabinets all too familiar. What was I doing here?

"What happened?" I asked slowly.

Leo sat up fully next to me before sighing, "I was on my way back to school to try and find my phone and I heard screaming. So I went and I saw that asshole William with you. I stopped him before anything happened. I brought you back here and you had a fever." He placed his hand on my forehead, "You're still a little hot."

I closed my eyes, still feeling exhausted despite just waking up. My body aches everywhere. I groaned, moving to stand up from the bed. Leo's hand reached over, grabbing my arm gently. I looked over and saw him looking wide eyed towards me. I noticed a purple bruise on his cheekbone.