Chapter 23- Tongue tied

{found this on insta}

I sat down on my bed, bouncing my leg up and down anxiously. Leo was under my bed right now.

Mia was sitting opposite of me, a box of tissues in her hands as she tried to calm down. I had gotten her a glass of water so she could stay hydrated, but it seemed to only make her cry more.

"I really thought we were gonna be high school sweethearts or something." Mia mumbled down at her scrunched up tissue in her hand.
She scoffed, "Isn't that so stupid? No one lasts in high school." She laughed at herself. I looked away, wondering what Leo thought about that.

"Ugh. Guys are the worst." She cried again.

"Mia..." I mumbled softly, "I'm sorry but what exactly happened?"

She looked over at me as if this was her first time realizing I was there, "Tobey said he needed some time to himself and ended it."

She sniffled, "Honestly I saw it coming. He's been really distant lately."

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

She waved her hand, as if to say no, "Sorry Im here. You're the first person I thought of." She mumbled.

"No! It's okay! Really. You and I are best friends right?" I smiled.

She smiled slightly, "I knew I could count on you." She shifted to lay her head in my lap. I paused, before patting her head supportively.

"Hey, look at the bright side." She laughed, "Now you don't have to hang out with Leo anymore cause Tobey and I are done."

I held my breath. Wrong timing. Totally wrong timing. I pressed my lips together, realizing this wasn't the right time to correct her. I wonder if she's still up to sitting with the bachelors... I mean they're still our friends. Well, honestly I'm much closer to them then her. She was so preoccupied with Tobey I don't think she actually formed a friendship with the rest of them. Just like how Tobey and I barely talk. I sighed, well this sucks.
-
It's been an hour and finally she fell asleep in my lap. I began dozing off, feeling my head start leaning forward as I shut my eyes. The buzz of my phone on my nightstand woke me up and I opened my eyes, reaching over towards my phone.

Leo: Is she asleep?

I looked down at Mia who was deep in sleep.

Me: yes! Come out and climb out the window.

I heard a shifting under the bed and Leo appeared, hopping up and dusting himself off. I motioned towards the window and he pouted his lips, leaning towards me and giving me a peak on the lips before slowly climbing out of my window. I sighed in relief.
-
The next morning Mia and I went to school together, which Leo agreed was the right move. Especially since right now wasn't a good time to mention any type of romantic relationship to Mia. She got emotional over the smallest things. She almost had a mental breakdown over songs on the radio her and Tobey loved. And I was stuck listening to it.