Chapter 30-Graduation

I looked in the mirror in front of me, smoothing out my gown. Wow. I'm really graduating today... It was bittersweet. I didn't want to leave. I didn't want this chapter of my life to be over. I can't imagine not seeing the Bachelors almost every day...and worse now that I can't see them during the summer. Now I feel like I took them for granted... I heard a knock at the door and I looked over.

Johnny stood at the door suspiciously, "Someone's here to see you."

He moved out frame, opening the door to reveal Eli, my mom, and even Mrs. Davis!

"Haley!" Eli ran up to me.

I gasped, extending my arms to Eli quickly and engulfing him in a hug.

"I didn't expect you guys to come." Suddenly tears were brought to my eyes and I started crying, "Mom, you said you were busy."

"Of course I'm not going to miss my daughters graduation. Are you crazy?" My mom crossed her arms. I let go of Eli, reaching up and hugging her tightly.

"So this is the town you've been talking about." Mrs. Davis smiled. I wiped my eyes as I nodded.

"I can't wait to see all of your handsome friends your brother has been telling me about." She looked around.

I laughed, letting go of my mom.

"Thank you, Mrs.Davis. This wouldn't have been possible without you helping my family." I reached over, giving her a hug.

She seemed taken back, but then patted my back, "Awe. Child, it's okay. It was my pleasure. Really. Eli has so many fun stories that I wouldn't have known if this didn't happen."

I pulled away, my heart feeling warm. They were here. They were really here. I've been without them for three months already. I sniffled, fanning my eyes.

I wiped my eyes again as the tears continued.

"We're on our way to the place. You don't need a ride right?" My mom asked.

I looked over towards Johnny, "We already have a ride." He smiled.
-
Ugh, seriously Brad is such a bad driver. Why didn't I just go with my mom?

He changed lanes and I grabbed onto the side of the car, squishing myself between Johnny and Johnathan. There's was a bump in the road and the car jumped slightly. Was that a dead body?

Brad laughed, "Sorry. Everyone's fine right?" He looked in the back.

"I feel like I'm gonna be sick." Johnathan held his stomach.

"Please not in front of me again." I scooted over.

"It's nerves." Johnny looked over.

"Or motion sickness." Tobey mumbled from the front seat.

I sighed, leaning back.

Brad laughed at that, "You guys are gonna miss my driving one day. Just you watch."

Doubtful.

I sighed. I would've went with Leo but, he was gonna take a car with his mom. I didn't really want to intervene since he loves her so much. Either that or I'm nervous to meet her when we're officially dating. What if I mess it up and she hates me? Then Leo will hate me. I've met her before but...it's not the same. I sort of hated Leo when I met her last time. I gulped, suddenly feeling nauseous myself.

Finally the car stopped at the place and all four of us hurried out of the car to breathe.

I immediately spotted Leo walking in with his mom. I tilted my head. I shouldn't be scared. I got this. My brain told my feet to move but they stayed stuck to the ground. Ugh, what was wrong with me? Why won't my feet move?