Chapter 14: Friendsgiving

November is such a great time don't you think? Not too cold yet but not that hot. It's a month of being thankful for everyone who's helped you and been there for you. Well, at least, I thought it was.
————————————————————————
It was now November and I was nervously looking at my computer screen, my finger hovering over the send button.

Leo was bitting his nails, leaning on my bed as he stared at the screen along with me.

"I can't do it." I mumbled, standing up and walking over towards him," You do it please."

He hesitated, glancing over at me before walking over to my seat, sitting down and putting his hand on the button.

I turned around, covering my face with my hand as I heard a click.

"It's done." He announced, turning around in the seat.

I turned back over towards him and I gave out a shaky sigh. My script was done. And Leo just sent it to the competition committee.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." I walked over to Leo, pulling him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around me, patting my back.

"No problem Hales. How do you feel?"

I let go of him and I bit my lip, thinking.

"I feel...excited." I nodded assuringly, "And relieved for the most part," I took a deep breath," I feel good." I was mainly trying to convince myself. I mean, I put so much hard work in that script.

"I'm sure it's amazing." Leo smiled assuringly. I felt the corners of my mouth tug upwards.

"Should we go now?" I asked.

Leo nodded, standing up and grabbing his coat.
-
Friendsgiving. We had been planning this since after Halloween, picking everyone in the table who'd bring food and games. I was really excited about it. At first hanging out with the bachelors seemed like something I HAD to do since Mia and Tobey were together, but now I felt really close to them. I was beyond thankful.

Leo and I knocked on Johnathans door and waited patiently, a package of corn bread in my hands as Leo held the mashed potatoes.

The door opened and Johnathan smiled instantly.

"Hello! Welcome to my humble home." Johnathan moved to the side for Leo and I to walk through.

This place brought back memories (drunk, fuzzy ones).

"I'll take that." Johnathan grabbed the package out of my hands for me. I smiled. He looked like the most christian boy I've ever seen (if that makes sense.) He had a blue button up and his hair was parted showing his forehead.

"Where is everyone?" I asked curiously.

"In the kitchen," he nodded his head for Leo and I to follow.

We walked into the kitchen and were immediately greeted by hugs. Brad hugged me tightly, lifting me off the ground and Johnny wrapped an arm around me, bringing me close.

"Glad of you both to finally make it, thirty minutes late." Brad smirked over towards us while hopping to sit on the counter," What exactly kept y'all so long?"

"Just..." I paused looking over at Leo," My little brother." I lied. None of them knew I had applied for that competition, not even Mia. In a way, I sort of liked that it was something only Leo and I knew.

"Mmhmm." Tobey shook his head.

"Now we can finally eat!" Mia clapped.

"And since y'all decided to make us wait, you'll set the table." Brad jumped off the counter, patting Johnnys shoulder to follow him. He did as well as Mia and Tobey closely after.