06. Iris

"Is this a kidnapping?" Iris whispered once Jimin slammed the door after them and closed the dusty blinds

"Is this a kidnapping?" Iris whispered once Jimin slammed the door after them and closed the dusty blinds. "Because it awfully seems like it's a kidnapping."

"Keep your voice down." He scolded. "And I don't advise you on screaming, there's no one in a one-mile radius and it would only make me mad. Understood?"

Iris gave a dry swallow. The color completely disappeared from her small face, if it weren't pale enough as it already was.

"Can you not speak to me so harshly for, like, one minute?" she mumbled, azure blue orbs glistening in the dimly lit motel room.

Jimin faltered for a second, rethinking his behavior. In actuality, he was probably coming across as some sort of caveman. Observing the situation from afar, he could understand why Iris would be freaked out by him, but in reality had no intention of taking her feelings into consideration.

"Sit down." He ordered, pointing with his chin to the bed.

Iris's darting eyes enlarged, a slight panic spilling across her face. A million possibilities of why this complete stranger she barely knew would drag her to a motel room were probably running through her frantic mind right now. Jimin could only imagine how terrifying most of them were.

"I'm not going to hurt you." he assured her eventually, no emotion whatsoever in his voice as she eyed him warily.

This seemed to ease her anxiousness a little bit as she released a long sigh. Taking tiny steps, she shuffled to the bed and slumped on it.

"Talk." Jimin commanded, folding his arms over his chest.

"About... what?" Iris asked cautiously in a small voice. It could not have been more obvious that she was afraid of him, but showing kindness wasn't on the list of Jimin's priorities right now.

"About this so-called guidance you mentioned before."

Iris's eyes dropped to her hands in her lap. "I'm what people would call a little bit different." She confessed. The emotional pain was audible in her voice, telling the story of a girl being rejected all her life. "A freak."

Jimin remained unmoved. "I'm not interested in listening to a sappy life story. Why did you approach me last night?"

"I found you intriguing." Iris seemed genuine as her electric blue hues flickered towards him. "I wanted to know more about you. You were pulling me in-"

"Let me get something clear from the beginning," Jimin cut her off, his stare hard and rigid. The way Iris would gaze at him with the eyes and the girlish vulnerability of a hopeless romantic deeply vexed him.

"I didn't drag you here because I fancy you. I'm not being harsh with you because I like you and don't know how to show it. This is not the beginning of a love story. If you have some delusions, you need to strip yourself of them as soon as possible. I came back to look for you simply because I want to use you." he groaned when he noticed her traumatized stare. "No, not use you in that way. For heaven's sake, not in a million years."