040. To Die For Love

Aera had the odd feeling she was forgetting something extremely important

"Aren't you going to get into the water already?" Jimin called out. She looked over at him. Blond bangs slightly ruffled by the ocean breeze and honey-glazed skin glowing underneath the soft sunrays, he was the epitome of perfection. She suddenly wished she could take a picture of him and engrave it in her mind because she wanted to remember this moment forever. It was so serene.

"In a minute." She mumbled, glancing down as the tide kissed the tips of her toes.

"Take your time," Jimin grinned, the sunlight reflecting in his enchanting smile. "We have an eternity ahead of us."

This instilled a subtle feeling of uneasiness inside of her, "What do you mean?" she asked sheepishly, looking around the beach.

Jimin stretched his arms over his head and groaned blissfully, letting the sun caress his skin. Then he walked over to her, his arm snaking its way around her waist and pulling her close to him.

"We can stay here for as long as we want." He murmured, his hand drifting to her cheek to tuck a wisp of hair behind her ear.

Instead of happiness, Aera was overcome with dread.

"This is our little paradise," he went on with a simper.

"I'm not sure this is right," she fumbled out. "What about-"

Our friends?

Yoongi? Taehyung?

"Shhh," he hushed her softly, pressing a finger against her lips. "Why does everything have to be so complicated all the time? Why do we have to feel so much pain, angel? Let us have this. No questions asked."

Aera was bemused, but reluctant to obey. Her lower lip tucked under her teeth.

"I love you," Jimin said earnestly. "And I will do everything to keep you safe. You just need to trust me. Close your eyes, angel... you're going to be okay."

***

Aera jerked awake to a pair of dark onyx eyes boring through her.

The sound of someone clapping their hands in the distance echoed across the cavernous hall, "Miss Lee. I'm so glad you could finally join us. Really join us."

Her gaze drifted to the direction the silky voice had originated from. It belonged to one of the most dangerously handsome men Aera had ever seen, and yet she had the feeling she wasn't seeing him for the first time. JB sent a smirk her way.

"It worked." Yoongi whispered under his breath. His eyes were enlarged, shock was not a look on him she saw often. Full of hostility, Aera's piercing gaze cast over him. He shuddered, feeling like a mouse put under a microscope.

"What did you do!" Taehyung hissed, shoving Yoongi roughly from behind. The shorter man lurched frontwards but caught himself before he could lose his balance. "This has got to be your stupidest decision yet!"