031. King

The third dream Jimin had of Aera was the last and also, the strangest one so far

It started like more of a nightmare than an actual dream. A flash of bright light hit his eyes before slowly subsiding. He blinked, blurriness fading, as his surroundings became more crisp.

The coldness of the air was the first thing he grew aware of. The second was the lack of light. The world was almost entirely etched in charcoal with the sole exception of a faint ray of light penetrating from somewhere above him, faded and thinned.

Soon his vision accustomed to the gloom. His head snapped up only to see he had found himself in what seemed to be an enormous hall room. Ominous black columns reached for the ceiling that was so high it seemed inexistent. Braziers encompassed each of the giant structures, dissipating the abysmal blackness.

Jimin felt like he was floating, like he was nothing but a swaying spirit and not an actual human being present in this odd hall room. An icy chill ran down his spine, reminding him that he, in fact, had a physical body, but it was more of a cage for him than it was an instrument. He felt trapped in an empty vessel, like a silent observer who didn't belong there in his skin.

A majestic throne of onyx marble sat atop an elevated platform. Fixed on each side of the backrest were black wings along with devil horns coming out of the elaborately decorated noble seat.

There was a small pale hand placed on the arm rest.

Aera looked like more of a statue of herself than an actual human being. She sat there motionlessly, cheekbones high and sunken, her face slack and impassive. The avalanche of hazel locks cascading down her shoulders was replaced with a midnight black bob cut, poker straight and thick.

Her dress was a black sea at night, embroidered with hundreds of tiny gem stones sparkling like an abysmal starry sky. It flowed a long length down her body, easily reaching the ground, long laced sleeves covering her arms. A heavy tiara weaved in her hair, she rested her chin on top of her hand as she stared straight ahead indifferently.

Coldness washed over Jimin's body. He wanted to scream, to shout across the room for her to notice him, but for the first time in those lucid dreams of his, she seemed to not acknowledge his presence there at all. His body didn't move an inch, serving as a concrete box for him to be held prisoner in. All he could do was stare at her in silence.

A low growling sound echoed in the vast throne room. A glorious cream white wolf came from the shadows, its paws kissing the stone cold floor with a lightness.

A rush of panic shot through Jimin; the wolf was moving straight towards Aera, however there was no menace in the way it approached her. She didn't even pay any attention to its presence like she was used to it. Its stance was confident and without effort. There was an intelligence in its eyes, instead of aggressive the beast seemed docile and shy.