023. A Song to Remember

"Hoseok!"

"Hoseok!"

No one noticed how it started raining.

The water washed away every little dust particle left from Hoseok's inflicted flame. The ashes sunk into the soil and meshed with the mud.

Jimin could not believe his eyes. Another hallucination, could this really be? Was Hoseok, Hyukjae's ex-ally and their former friend, standing right in front of him now, in the flesh?

First Aera's malicious brother, then his loyal lackey; Jimin's mind was really doing a trick on him. Who would be the next to appear, Yoongi perhaps?

The illusion was as realistic as it could be. Heck, it even had its own fire show.

"Hobi?"

Jin asked in a voice that was barely there. Wait, he could see him too?

"Hi guys." Hoseok did an overly exaggerated wave, nervousness evident in his voice. He was clad in a pair of tight black jeans and a black turtleneck along with a pair of black army boots. In his attire he resembled some kind of international spy agent.

A jolt of happiness jerking through his body, Jin quickly jumped to his feet and readied himself to embrace his friend.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you-" he exclaimed with overwhelming joy but Jimin grabbed his shoulder harshly and yanked him back.

"Stay right here." He gritted.

Jin was disappointed, his face fell.

"What do you mean, it's Hobi for crying out loud-"

"Is it?" Jimin arched a brow, cocking his head to the side. The chase from a minute ago heightened his every sense, transforming him in a live action danger radar.

Within a flash and with the agility of the trained human weapon he was, he bent down and grabbed the gun Jin had dropped, removing the safety and holstering it upwards.

Jin shrieked, toppling back but catching himself on one of the trees.

"What are you doing!" He yelled. "That's Hobi!"

"What are you?!" Jimin barked, dark eyes throwing daggers at Hoseok who held the same blank stare.

"I come in peace, I promise." he replied, raising his hands to show his clean intentions.

"Bullshit!" Jimin's paranoia was chipping away at his sanity.

"Hobi!!"

The porch creaked under light footsteps as Meisa dashed over, halting at the dreadful sight before her, her enthusiasm evaporating.

"Hey sis." Hoseok mumbled with a faint smile.

Her enlarged green hues jumped back and forth from Jimin and her brother.