07. Illusion

"Thank you," Namjoon spoke formally, his phone tightly clutched in his hand

"Thank you," Namjoon spoke formally, his phone tightly clutched in his hand. "We'll be in touch."

"Well?" Jungkook asked with hopeful eyes once the taller man removed the cellphone from his ear.

"He's been spotted two days ago in a small town at a six-hour drive away from here." Namjoon informed.

"Two days ago," Jin mumbled worriedly. "Would he still be around when we get there?"

"Who knows," Namjoon sighed, pinching the root of his nose. He swiveled on his chair. With his hair washed and done and his frame clad in clean form-fitting clothes he had finally gone back to his usual sharp look. "I mean, we have to at least try and go there, right?"

"Even if he's left, he can't have gotten far," Jungkook supposed, looking at the map on his phone. "This isn't a very densely populated area, so there aren't a lot of other towns nearby. And I doubt that he'd try and flee the country, at least not yet."

"Okay then," Namjoon decided firmly, assuming a serious air reminiscent of the times when they'd gather in the security room office at the hotel and try and figure things out. "I think a couple of hours are enough for us to pack up some things and go. Jungkook, you go and pick up Meisa, and me and Jin will be waiting for you at the town exit."

"Roger that." Jungkook nodded curtly.

He groaned, placing a hand over his head. Judging by the way he had left things with Meisa earlier that day, he doubted he'd be received with a warm welcome back home.

He took his jacket and went outside to his car, mentally bracing himself for what was waiting for him at home.

She's going to kill me.

The drive back home went by in a blur as his mind was taking turns being terrorized by thoughts of his lovely girlfriend and his dear best friend. Jungkook pulled over in the driveway of the newly bought house he and Meisa had just moved in, and fled his seat behind the wheel at neck-breaking speed. He ran up the porch and yanked the door open, his heart in his feet.

What he was met with sent him reeling back from shock. His jaw dropped as his eyes rounded in two perfect circles. His gaze wandered his surroundings, taking in the most horrible pink hue that covered every inch of the walls and the floor.

Jungkook was appalled. It was like walking straight into the vagina of a Disney princess.

Instantly, he flew straight into the living room, only to see a rather smug Meisa sitting on the couch, arms folded over her chest and one leg over the other. Her mint green hair was tied in a loose ponytail and there were smudges of pink paint on her denim overalls.

"I hope you don't mind me painting the entire house in pink," she said sardonically. "I know how you said you'd hate it, but I really think it looks cute."