034. Four-Letter Word

Awe-struck, Yukwon couldn't stop staring at Nana who did her best to ignore him gawking at her like an idiot

"You got something you wanna say, wolf boy?" she eventually said with an arch of her brow, not sparing him a glance.

"I-uh, sorry. No."

"Then stop staring."

"Okay. I'll stop."

He averted his wide-eyed gaze to the floor.

Not even a minute had passed before he glanced over at her again.

"Woof-woof!" Nana jerked frontwards with mad eyes, causing him to jolt up from his seat.

"Ahhh!!" Yukwon squeaked from the scare.

Layla chuckled softly while Jungah shot them a strict look.

"Stop it you two, this is not a kindergarten."

"Stop being such a party pooper," Nana argued with a frown. "It's been so long since we've talked with other people. I grew tired from looking at your faces all day long. It's nice to have a change."

Aera concentrated her attention to Yukwon as he went ahead and tried to initiate eye contact with Nana again.

"Sorry," he sounded apologetic. "It's just... I can't believe how brave you are."

"Is that so?" Nana purred, picking at her nails.

"Yes," he nodded. "The story you told us was so harrowing. And truly – I'm sorry for this ladies," he looked around the room, "all of your stories deeply affected me – but Nana's is just so... spine-chilling."

Nana smirked, a nonchalant shrug of her shoulders.

"The way you zipped yourself up in a body bag only to be dragged in it, putting so much pain and tension on your frail body," Yukwon kept on gushing over her. "It's awe-inspiring."

She seemed lowkey flattered. "Thanks."

"You're a badass, you know that?"

"Actually I do."

"They should make a movie about you."

"Maybe," she sighed. "If I ever get out of this place I'd make sure to tell more people my story."

Aera tilted her head upwards and sighed deeply. Her head lolled to the side only for her eyes to land on Taehyung sitting next to her.

"Do you ever feel like there's someone somewhere telling a story about us?" she asked in a small voice.

"It's gotta be a damn good story," he told her with a grin.

"Or a really tragic one."

"Whatever, I just hope I'm portrayed as a cool guy." He puffed his chest, straightening up his shoulders. "The author better get their shit together and not fuck my character up."