018. Truth

"Aera, may I have a word?"

Yoongi's request hovered in the air as Aera stared at him in bewilderment. She certainly hadn't heard him come in and she wondered how much of her conversation with Yukwon he had heard. As usual, his emotions could not be deciphered solely from the look in his eyes.

She deadpanned, pulling herself up from the chair.

"Yeah, sure."

She followed him across the corridor to the other room, feeling rather sheepish. Like a school girl being called out to the principal's office. Yoongi had this subtle ability of gaining control of every situation he ended up in and dictating the mood in the room. It was a quality Aera had always been envious of him for and also one she fell victim to rather often.

He was in control.

This was even more palpable now when they had ended up in this bizarre situation. Aera's confusion rendered her susceptible to his stealthy influence once again and she could already sense the air in the room shift to fit Yoongi's demeanor. He had such a powerful aura it was like he owned every single space he entered.

Yoongi ventured into the other room, leaving Aera to close the door after him. He came to a halt in the middle of the room, stuffing his hands in his pockets and sighing heavily.

It was so quiet that Aera could hear her own breathing. She stared at his back questioningly, wondering why he brought her there. She assumed he probably wanted to talk about their fight the previous day.

She shuffled to the bed and sat down on its edge, not sure how the start this conversation.

"Listen, Yoongi," she forced out, initiating a normal talk with him for the first time in a while. "I'm sorry for yelling at you yesterday. I was so shell shocked I forgot to thank you for saving me. You know better than anyone that sometimes I can act very immature... My reaction was impulsive and I didn't mean to get into a fight with you, let alone one over ancient history. So, this is me now... apologizing and thanking you."

She heard him inhale deeply as he pushed the hair back from his face.

"No, actually I think you're a very mature person," he confided, taking her aback. "You've changed so much and I can't believe I couldn't see it earlier."

An audible 'huh' escaped Aera's mouth involuntarily as her brows furrowed. Dumbfounded, she stared at his back. Had he brought her here to talk about her personal growth?

Perplexed, her gaze wandered towards the floor and she observed his boots as he turned around to face her.

"You're blossoming into this beautiful, strong and formidable woman," he stated calmly, his face expressionless. "And I'm not talking about your appearance, you know I've always told you how stunning you are to me. You're becoming your own person with your own beliefs and morals. I'm proud of you... but I'm also regretful."