I Choose You! (Pokéfell) (Part 4)

"Why the hell is he following us?" Cray asked as his eye sockets screwed narrow, suspiciously looking towards the skeleton outside their duo.

   "Cray, for the last fucking time, he's in front of us," Lotus muttered, trying to look over his directions he had written to Pewter City. They needed to remain on schedule in order to even be qualified when the time came for tournament season. So that meant they should be at least a third of the way there by the time lunch rolled around. The only problem was with the alveolar, mountainous plateaus that emerged from the ground like hatching Pokémon, it was hard to gauge where they actually were. Let alone if they were even going in the right direction. His only indication that they were on the right path had been the last dirt road in their hometown, vaguely leading towards the forest they had only recently exited.

   Cray was quiet for a moment, "No, he looked at your little nerd map or somethin'. No way that he just ended up here too," he rebutted. He hadn't had a good feeling about Rurik from the moment he saw him. For one thing, his clothing was all off: colors clashed and the aesthetic was disgusting. If his father's parasite could taste it, he was sure it would have rejected the meal. Not to mention his actual personality either; who insisted on fighting right away after getting one's Pokémon partner. He didn't know if Rurik was actively trying to make himself the obvious bad guy, like in all the B-movies Mettaton made, or if it just came naturally. "I'm finna say somethin'," he decided.

   "Stars.. please don't," Lotus sighed, rubbing his temple as an annoyed headache already began to form. "He's probably going to the closest gym too. He's not a complete dope."

   "What did he do, drug you or some shit? This should fucking bother you or at least make you more alert. But look at yourself, you're on even on guard at all- What the fuck is that?" Cray interjected on himself and jumped back. A small series of fat orbs came inching from one of the clusters of brush, a dulled horn sat parallel to its plump, pink nose. Two minuscule, beady black eyes were focused on the ground before it as they rocked back and forth to propel their little body forward.

   Lotus spared the Pokémon a passing glance, "It's a Weedle, dipshit," he muttered, "It'll become that stripped hornet one, Beedrill."

   "Huh, it's an ugly little thing," Cray looked down at it, reaching for his Squirtle's poké ball. "Time for a vibe check," he summoned his turtle partner.

   "You gonna capture it or..?" Lotus watched him, crossing his arms as he halted on the idea of walking for now. They were only getting more lost.

   "Nah, gonna get me some of those hype points though," Cray mused.

   His companion did a double take, "Do.. do you mean HP?" That didn't make any sense, he scrunched up his face a bit as if he had eaten something soul-sucking-ly sour. There had been so much wrong with that, but above all else, one didn't just absorb HP.

   Alerted by the initial commotion, Rurik swooped in under Cray who had been distracted by Lotus's disgust. Laughing he reassured him, "I know Lo, I'm not a complete idiot- Hey!" he snapped as the newcomer made quick work of the bug. The Pokémon's dazed body was kicked back into the tall grass once Rurik was done. "What the hell man?" Cray snapped, shoving him. "That was mine!"

   "Your dumb ass took too long," the star eyed skeleton said unapologetically. "That's your problem, not mine."

   Cray paused on his words, scowling as he looked to Lotus for assistance. The hooded skeleton however was staring into the bushes, focused on something he couldn't see. "Lotus, back me up! Hold this asshole down while I beat the shit out of him!"

   "That twink couldn't hold down my pinky finger if he tried. And you wouldn't be able to land a punch even if I was held down," Rurik muttered, an proud smirk across his face.

   "God, jerk yourself off another time and shut the hell up! Don't you hear that?" Lotus riposted. Cray and Rurik went silent as a steady hum of buzzing they hadn't even been aware of seemed to grow louder. They shared a quizzical look, trying to decipher where the noise was coming from before the sky above them erupted into a blocky, yellow mass as Beedrill spewed from over the high fluffed walls. A rage fueled ringing filled the air as the insects began to descend upon them in one big wave.

   Lotus didn't even realize he was running until he nearly tripped on a rock that had jutted itself into the path. He couldn't figure out where the screams came from, whether they were from his own mouth or dispersed by his companions. He didn't have time to focus on the thought, simply covering his head as he attempted to swat away the oncoming Pokémon as they shot down. The group veered off the main path, fast approaching a cliff that ended quickly. But it was too late to stop now, heart racing, Lotus had a mere second to look down at the tree tops below. It wasn't too far of a drop, and the leaves almost looked lush enough to drop onto comfortably.

   Two trainers managed to jump over the ledge, the last overtaken by the unforgiving swarm of Beedrill. Screams echoed their fall and before they knew it they were fighting against the leaves that swatted them away as they sailed down into the canopy and hit the ground with a sickening thud.