Introductions (Twelve Days of Fell!Pothmas) (Day 10)

{On the tenth day of Pothmas the pairing gave to me, ten introductions,
Nine open windows,
Eight annoying siblings,
Seven frantic searches,
Six burning breakdowns,
Five fierce fires!
Four great movies,
Three small wounds,
Two hands a'holdin,
And an apron tied astutely~}

Sorell trembled as Cray ripped Rurik back from pressing his knife against the kid's throat. "The fuck are you doing man? He's a little tot."

"He's a squealer, that's what he is," Rurik scowled deeply. "I won't have our mission jeopardized by a little, wimpy looking kid." His angry stare made Sorell shrink more until Cray practically shoved his face away to make him avert his gaze.

"Well I ain't about to stand here and let ya dust him, let me try and talk to him. The little bro could prove useful too," Cray pointed out.

"Fine, but hurry the hell up. I can't waste time in here just sitting around waiting for you to 'befriend' a kid," the starry eyed skeleton snapped.

Sorell stepped back as he tried to utilize their argument as a distraction, only for Cray to turn around and spot him. "Heh, where are ya trying to go now, lil dude?" He leaned down, the younger monster cowering behind his hands as he shook his head.

"I-I'm.. s-sorry," he shuddered, his voice petrified with fear. Sorell had to wonder what sick, sadistic plans that the two skeletons had in store for him. His father had always taunted him with being free EXP for other monsters for a long time, and it seemed to finally be coming true.

"Hey, hey now," Cray said as quietly as he could manage. "What's your name brah? I'm Cray."

"Sorell.." he mumbled.

"That's a pretty rad name," he grinned.

"We're not here to talk about names!" Rurik snapped, "Where is Lotus. He's a brother to you, right? Take us to him."

Sorell shook his head quickly and then tugged down his cloak quickly to hide his head, pulling up his scarf in fear. Rurik found himself stopping in his tracks from yelling at him again, the movements reminiscent of his lost lover and leaving him with a feeling of lingering guilt.

Cray was surprised he didn't have to calm his companion down physically for once, watching Rurik retreat over to a corner of the bed where he sat down on the child's bed in the corner. "So yeah, what can you tell us about-"

"I can't, I'm sorry," Sorell shook his head. He no longer believed that his murder would be upon him. With the arguably scarier skeleton having already left and been 'pacified' to an extent, he had a reasonable expectation that such events were no longer upon him. Plus, why risk a for-sure happening with his father than a partial opportunity with three two monsters.

"Why's that?" Cray tried to probe, not wanting to resort to any scaring tactics with this kid. But at the end of the day, if it came down to it, he would.

"Father.." Sorell looked down fearfully.

Such prowess was evident in the rest of the house as to why such a statement shook fear through any member of the household. Lotus lay tied up by his wrists on the medical table, Reaper hovering over him with the hallow expression which had grown all too recognizable for Lotus.

The cold grin that stretched across his face had once pierced through the younger skeleton's core. But looking at it now, with nothing left to lose, made Lotus feel nothing. Fear was the main tactic that had been always hung over their heads. Insecurities and uneasiness that game from personal inadequacy, pain, blood, losing one another. Of course he still cared about his siblings and his mother, but Lotus knew they'd be fine without him. So as his father's voice rang through the basement, demanding over and over again for him to atone for what he did and to writhe in front of him like a spineless worm, Lotus held strong.

As the scythe pierced through him, ripping through layers of bone and code, coating the table beneath him in blood, Lotus didn't even give Reaper the satisfaction of screaming. He simply smiled in his face as the god grew angrier and angrier.

The house shook on its foundation. Rurik looking up at the ceiling which cracked without reason. Cray glanced around as Sorell's glitching began to grow, "I can't because father will hurt me.."

Rurik got up from his spot in the corner, walking to him and staring down at the small skeleton. "I'll hurt you if you ever tell anyone we were here. But if you keep your trap shut and stay hidden up in your room until we're out, I'll spare you."

With that promise, Rurik didn't have anymore time to stick around to make sure Sorell promised to stay true to the offered agreement. He motioned for Cray to follow him and headed for the hallway to get into the rest of the house. A feeling seemed to linger throughout the residency that didn't sit well with him at all.

The two skeletons left, Sorell walking over to sit on his bed. He decided he wouldn't say anything unless his father asked it of him directly. They walked silently, both sure that they had made it in rather stealthily. Though the two were rendered unaware of the many pairs of eye sockets or singular ones that watched from door cracks. "That's Lotus's boyfriend," whispered Nomi to Geha who nodded, bouncing a little as she thought back to all the fairy tails with grand plots of heroic actions that she had once written off as false. Perhaps there was more truth to them then she thought.

Shino watched from her own door crack, shaking her skull in disappointment. It was unfortunate that two skeletons with plenty of years left in them would meet such a grim fate. Crow and Silver were less discreet about their watching.

Rurik stopped at the bottom of the stairs as he came face to face with the eldest of the Death children. Crow watched him with curiosity, wondering why in a million timelines Xahji would have let them walk a freeman. Silver was far more confrontational, he got up and walked over with a rage-clouded look, his scythe summoning within his hands. "Who the fuck are you," he growled viciously.

"I don't have time for this shit," Rurik attempted to walk past him. Cray coughing and stepping forward.

"What he means is, we'd love to stay and chat, but we've had far too many side-encounters today," Cray dropped one shoulder and rammed into Silver, tackling him over one of the couches.

Rurik didn't need to wait for instruction, he used the distraction to go find the source of the chaotic energy within the house. Crow didn't lift a finger to help, he was more content with sitting back and observing. Plus, why would he try to prevent his baby brother's rescue. It would give hope to the younger kids they still had a chance.

The soldier knew he was on the right place in front of the old, wooden door that led down. Rurik threw it open and all but ran down inside, drawing his blade out from his hilt. Screeching to a halt at the end, he lay starry eyes on the gore. A weak Lotus look up at him with surprise as countless gashes bled out and a Reaper turned to stare at him with a look of hatred.

"What are you doing to my Cupcake."