Aprons (Twelve Days of Fell!Pothmas) (Day 1)

{On the first day of Pothmas the pairing gave to me, an apron tied astutely~}

   Rurik watched the midnight cloaked skeleton work from his spot on the couch. The television drowned on idly in the background as pixels raced across the screen; he didn't even really know why it was on. He didn't laugh when he was supposed to, he didn't feel any tension during the action, he barely followed the plot if there was one outside glitter, dancing, and legs. But all Mettaton programming was like that, so he didn't worry too much about it. Instead, it served mainly to be an alibi of sorts so his small companion didn't know he was checking him out.

   His marmalade colored tongue ran over his teeth, standing in for nonexistent lips. Sometimes it felt as though Lotus was purposely teasing with him. The small sway in his gate, those teasing, frilly aprons he wore while cooking- Well, Rurik supposed he'd done that to himself. But how could he have passed on purchasing such lovely, sexy aprons for his new live-in boyfriend? The way the outer candy apple red lace was crafted to cling to flesh, that dark crimson bow which had been tied so tightly around the mannequin's waist, how the front of the apron dipped down so shortly on the intended monster's body. Indeed, it was a sight to behold and Rurik only had himself blame.

   After enough time of watching him, he finally decided to get up, walking over and approaching Lotus from behind. He wrapped his arms around him and pulled him into his chest while simultaneously planting a kiss to his neck. "Hey Cupcake~" he greeted. A groan emitted from the smaller as Lotus attempted to break free from his grasp.

   "What do you want?" He asked with the uncertainty finality of a monster who had grown used to this. Lotus wasn't even sure why he really asked, he knew the answer already.

   "I want you~" Rurik said as though it was obvious.

   "Not again Roller," Lotus snapped as his face heated up a great deal, futilely pushing him away. "I'm already making dinner for you and that sure as hell doesn't mean I want to be the ass of any of your advances."

   "Were you thinking ass? I was thinking something a little farther forward~" he smirked, trailing his hand down Lotus's side slowly and firmly.

   "Shut up!" he whined and lurched forward towards the counter, attempting to escape Rurik's furthering touch.

   The starry eyed skeleton smirked as he mapped out where Lotus lunged for, "Wow, I didn't think you'd be up for doing it on there~" he finally released the smaller. "Heh, don't think you'll get away from me every time. 'Sides from your screaming, I know you like it too," he winked and over to sit at the table.

   "Oh my god," Lotus rolled his red pupil, "You're fucking impossible sometimes."

   "Nope, but it's gonna be impossible for you to resist one of these days," Rurik grinned slyly, batting his eye sockets exaggeratedly like an innocent child, "It's my Christmas wish," he mocked.

   The skeleton manning the stove let out a lengthy sigh, as he turned down the heating and let the stew simmer on the stove. "We should talk about that, what're we doing for gifts?" Lotus asked after calming down, having already been thinking extensively about the issue. Only having moved in with Rurik earlier that year, the young skeleton was in hiding from his family. Running away meant he fled from any work as a reaper and there weren't a lot of high paying jobs he could find with limited experience. All in all, money was tight and he wasn't sure he could get Rurik anything particularly luxuriant.

   The taller was no help, simply shrugging. "Whatever is fine, I don't really care."

   Lotus shook his head, growing only further conflicted as he reached down and opened the oven. He used one of the oven mitts they had which was stitched with a variety of swirling shapes in order to take out a tray with two fluffy bread buns. He set them on the open stove top before cutting into them and hollowing the bread out to act as a bowl which he served the roast he had been preparing into it.

   "What, did you want actual suggestions?" Rurik chuckled, picking up on the other's disapproval.

   "Why would I ask the question if I didn't?" Lotus deadpanned as he set the food in front of him. Rurik took the opportunity to grab his wrist and pull the other into his lap.

    He took a moment to look him over with a lingering hunger, "Because I thought you were coming around," he mused, leaning in for a kiss.

   Lotus was quickly to scramble up. He didn't even react verbally this time as the taller erupted into laughter, not wanting to give him the satisfaction. Merely, he considered dumping a bread bowl over Rurik's head as a means of revenge, but that would be going too far. Especially for something like this, which was just a part of the package with Rurik. It was simply a shame Lotus couldn't find a nicely wrapped parcel to boot for a package like him.

   He sighed and sat down with his own food. They ate in silence, Rurik enjoying the food immensely, especially with the limited cleanup it would require. Lotus found himself lost in the creamy substance in the bowl. What was Lotus supposed to get him for the 'most wonderful time of the year'?