The Race to Cerulean City! (Pokéfell) (Part 6)

Lotus trudged up to the same burger joint they'd gone to previously. For the most part he was unsuccessful through the day. His only accomplishment: the few wild Pokémon he had Bulbasaur spar to try and up his partner's abilities, but even that was just the occasional Oddish.

He had an uneventful time, but it seemed he was a lot better off compared to whatever Cray experienced. As he approached the table, he saw his friend attempting to console his Squirtle which appeared to be crying.

Taking his seat at the table, Lotus watched before the taller finally acknowledged him and his concerned look. "His sunglasses got stolen," he did his best to explain.

Lotus raised his nonexistent brows. "Were you mugged?" he asked hesitantly, wondering if perhaps his companions should've been more worried about themselves rather than him.

"I'm not really that sure actually. We were walking around looking for some homies to brawl with and I got a bit distracted," he admitted with a sheepish grin.

"Next thing I know, Squirtle is asleep on the ground and his shades were gone," Cray emphasized the end, dramatizing the whole thing as best he could.

"Ah, I see. Did he pass out or something?" the smaller reiterated his concern.

"Well, yes. But it nothing directly caused by his body, I had Nurse Alphys take a look at him and she figured it must've been a move that puts opponents to sleep," the other recounted what he'd been told.

"So that's anything from hypnosis, to spore, to yawn, to rest, to relic song, or sing. Among others too," Lotus listed them off his fingers.

"Whack, that hardly narrows things down," Cray huffed.

"It does if you know the Pokémon in the area," Rurik highlighting as he hobbled to the table, dropping in the seat beside Lotus and pushing him further into the booth. "Which I know and was willing to share."

Frankly he no idea what they were discussing, but if it was a matter of narrowing down attacks in the vicinity which they could've been perceptible to, he did have information.

Cray's face lit up. "Oh sweet! We're trying to figure out what kind of wild Pokémon might have an ability which could—"

"Let me stop you right there, I said was,"
Rurik waggled a finger patronizingly.

"I have concerns of my own currently and I'm not going to assist you in beefing up your team at my disadvantage. Time simply won't permit me to go through the options in this area and sort them to find what you're looking for, on top of allowing me to stop by the store to pick up supplies for tomorrow," he finished simply.

"Boo, you ass. I ain't trying to catch this thing, I just need to retrieve my lil Squirt's glasses," Cray explained, gesturing to his partner who had its head down on the table now. Squirtle's stubby claws were pressed against its temples as it had an internal crisis.

"Pretty please? A dope-ass sundae with phallic-shapes cherries on top?"
He batted his eye sockets pleadingly.

If Rurik didn't hand over the information and ended up just running off with it out of pettiness, Lotus knew he was going have to sit through Cray's complaints. "Just name your price," he looked over at the newcomer.

Debating this, the trainer didn't actually have a set 'thing' in mind which he wanted in exchange. Rurik paused, "My price is favor later down the road, how about that?"

There was no hesitation from the most vertically gifted in the group, "Deal! Just no kinky shit." Cray knew he wouldn't be able to catch anymore members for his team if he didn't have Squirtle's full energy behind him, so it was a necessary sacrifice.