I Choose You! (Pokéfell) (Part 6)

Even at the news of possible other monsters lurking about in the forest, Rurik didn't seem fazed. "So what? Nothing a quick ass beating can't resolve," he said simply. With that, he instructed the cloaked skeleton to get on with the tasks he had assigned him, while he disappeared into the forest to gather items unshared to Lotus.

"Cocky ass motherfucker, I'd rather see your ass get beat," Lotus grumbled to himself. To think all of a sudden he'd be abiding by the other's rules was humorous. Maybe he had nodded, but seeing Rurik's disregard for even the possibility of attackers was infuriating and made him reconsider this entire situation. Not to mention, the star eyed skeleton had no real attachment or reason to care about the location of Cray. That was a burden he'd had to carry solely. But it was getting dark and venturing out when he couldn't see a foot a head of him because of the shadowing of the dense foliage wasn't an appealing option either.

In the end, he summoned his partner to consult the various berry bushes as to see whether they were safe to eat or not, his anger mostly subsided and replaced by irritation. The short-legged monster roamed around, nudging the dense bushes that were covered in a variety of the fruit. There were some pink ones that bulged like water balloons, jiggling as Bulbasaur sniffed them. Firmer blue ones lined the next, resembling blueberries, however the Pokémon made it clear of how not edible they were as it smacked Lotus's hand away with a vine as he went to pluck one. "Hey-! I was just looking," the skeleton defended himself. "I wouldn't be stupid enough just to eat some random crap growing out here."

Bulbasaur didn't pay attention to his reasoning, ignoring him in favor of finding something for them to eat. After a bit more prodding around within the verdure, the creature found berries that resembled that of a Slowpoke's tail. They were pinked and curled, the tip a soft peach color that trickled down like melting fudge.

Using his Pokédex, Lotus scanned the substance to learn that it was referred to as a 'Mago' berry. Additionally, the two found a handful of other drupelets that Lotus had experiences with in the past, mainly being the 'Pinap' and 'Razz', two that looked like a miniature pineapple and normal sizes raspberry respectfully. Using the better part of the bottom of Lotus's cloak which hadn't snagged, they compiled the fruits into the makeshift pouch and began trekking back in the general direction they had come from.

Nearly having forgotten the need of water, Lotus only remembered when the distinct sound of a trickling stream caught his hearing. They walked over, crossing over boulders and ducking under branches. Rather, Lotus limboed his way under as Bulbasaur paddled forward. As they stepped up to the 'stream', Lotus heeded that it was a piece of a much larger body of water. A raving river, to be exact, that roared down its path, heading farther down than he could see. The width itself wasn't too mighty, but it was still a sizable stretch to pass. Which is why Lotus didn't mind any movement that came from the opposite edge of the rush, kneeling down to wash off the fruit and gather water in a canister he secured on his belt.

Had he looked up, Lotus would've seen eyes staring right back at him. About three sets stood as silent as the trees that covered them and they didn't move to make their presence known. Instead they watched and waited. One only nudged a huge, iris snake that curled up at their feet, sending the great serpent slithering deep into the forest to give warning that another skeleton was within their territory.

Lotus stood up and finally returned back to where he had originally left Rurik. He had retracted Bulbasaur back about halfway along the walk. As good company as he was, his partner's stubby legs were no help getting him place to place. He reminisced on the idea of legs, recalling a conversation that had felt like an eternity ago now. He was greeted by a comfortable blaze on his return, Rurik silently spinning what looked like the charring body of a Spearow skewered with a stick.