Kisses (Twelve Days of Fell!Pothmas) (Day 12)

(Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate!)
{On the twelfth day of Pothmas the pairing gave to me, twelve stolen kisses,
Eleven big unveilings,
Ten introductions,
Nine open windows,
Eight annoying siblings,
Seven frantic searches,
Six burning breakdowns,
Five fierce fires!
Four great movies,
Three small wounds,
Two hands a'holdin,
And an apron tied astutely~}

Reaper had ceased in the reaping of the three skeleton's souls at his hire's words. Letting his scythe fall down into the dry soil of the ground below him, he took a good look at the skeleton who was claimed to be the child of the guardian of their multiverse. From the cheek mark to the starry eyes, not to mention the magical makeup resemblance that Reaper has neglected to check, everything checked out for the skeleton to be one of Ink's bastard offspring.

This caused the god to change his tune quickly, commanding that Rurik leave and never return to the land, coupling Cray along with him just not to risk any other unwanted surprises. Of course, the soldier would have none of it, after the effort he had displayed he found it laughable that Reaper would even suggest such a thing. He wouldn't be going anywhere until he had his Lotus back with him. So instead, he threatened Reaper, claiming he'd get Ink involved and that he would make the god regret ever wronging Rurik like this.

It was a risky move, a bluff that could be easily called. Rurik had no way of knowing whether his 'parent' would even give a damn if Reaper were to strike him down there, but invoking Ink's name seemed to be enough for now. With a few final, verbal lashings towards Lotus, Reaper released them and disappeared. Presumably it was again to his own residence to stew in anger or perhaps take it out on one of the countless other inhabitants within.

Lotus felt bad for his family, but not much could be done on it at the moment. He could only hope they would listen to him one day and all make it out for a better future. With that, passing by a flustered Pacino who was stuck between going in to demand his pay and fearing for his own life, the three left. Rurik was hurrying with Lotus home to tend to the wounds they secured in the yard with strands of the tattered cloak the smaller wore. They'd work as temporary bandages for now, but Lotus knew they needed to be sterilized.

This marked a rather odd Christmas morning for a number of reasons for Lotus. It was the first he'd really be 'celebrating'. The holiday was something his family always acknowledged, but outside of their father being a little more tolerable and Geno making a larger dinner then usual, it was another day in a cycle of countless others.

Additionally, it was the first he'd be celebrating away from them and the first he'd be with Rurik. Then there were the wraps that littered most of his bones at the moment, securing and hiding away some of the fresher scars he had gotten from his father. Other marks were shrouded under the cloak he wore, those felt like a lifetime ago.

Finally, it was the first time he felt rather happy during the holiday. Sitting beside Rurik on the couch, he sipped a cup of tea as they watched the fireplace. The taller squeezed his arm around Lotus's shoulders, the smaller wincing as his hand dug into one of the deeper wounds.

Rather than apologize, Rurik placed a kiss on the top of his skull, through the fabric of his hood. "So is it gift time?"

Lotus froze up a little, looking down ashamedly. In the end, he had never found the 'perfect gift', especially with all the excitement leading up to the marked day. His time had been stolen out from him and all he had to show for it were necessities he knew that Rurik needed. But he wasn't sure they were the 'one'.

"We should clean up breakfast first," Lotus suggested, dreading the exchange. He pulled himself from the other's grasp, curling down on himself as immediate discomfort shot through his body. Rurik was up behind him in an instant, helping to gather the emptied dishes. They took them into the kitchen, the soldier leaving once they made it through the bulk of the trays. Lotus wrapped up quickly, curious to see where he had gone. Turning around as he dried his hands, he felt his face heat up.