They were so in love

(This is set after the time heist and after the battle when they find out that Natasha is dead, they all reminisce about all of her memories and Wanda realises something)

Authors POV:
The 5 remaining Avengers sat around miserably, just waiting for some sort of miracle, or for this to just be a bad dream that their all going to wake up from soon. It wasn't. To everyone's surprise, Clint handled her passing better than they all thought he would. And then there was Steve. They had never seen him like this, he was shaking as to hold back the flood of tears waiting to erupt from him. The eyes that were once a deep blue had now changed into a hollow and almost lifeless grey. He hadn't spoken a word, just sat in a daze looking out onto the lake.
"We have to make this work," said Tony, breaking the silence,"We owe this to Natasha, we owe a lot to Natasha."
Steve still didn't speak, but there were now tears silently streaming down his cheeks.
Finally, after what felt like hours of his silence, he spoke.
"She died thinking she wasn't a hero."
They all stopped and turned to Steve, who was silent once again. They all started thinking back.

Steves POV:
I realised what I had said, and started thinking back to all of the great things Natasha did. The more I thought back the more I realised that nothing Natasha ever did was for her own benefit, it was always for other people. The 'cold and uncaring' spy was nothing of the sort. But then a memory came back, a memory that made him think. "I didn't want you to be alone."  The thought of these words made me want to break down right then right there. I could feel the tears streaming down my face.

TIME SKIP TO AFTER THE BATTLE( everyone is alive apart from Nat)

Wanda's POV:
I was bored, sitting in Tonys garden, Clint had just told us about Natasha. I could already tell from how everyone was acting that no one took it well, but from even just looking at Steve, I could feel his pain. I decided to look through his head, unbeknownst to him, to see how he's really feeling. All I was seeing was memories of him and Natasha, and then it hit me.
"He loved her, he was so in love with her"
The last time she has looked through Steve's was in Sokovia, and his memories were not full of Natasha, but Natasha's had him in hers.
"She loved him, She was so in love with him"

Steves POV:
I was so overwhelmed with sadness about Natasha that I hadn't even let the thought that we won sink in. I wanted her back so badly it hurt. I said something that only I could hear.
"I love her, I'm so in love with her."
I looked at the photo of the two of them that I had brought outside.I couldn't help but smile looking at how happy she was, how happy we were in each others presence.

Authors POV:

The other avengers could see Steve looking at the photos, and they all looked at each other , thinking the same thing.
"They loved each other, They were so in love."
And they were right. They were so right.