Chapter 11: Let's Get This Show on the Road

Warning guys...lots of pictures at the end...🤷🏼‍♀️ and this chapter will be a longer one as will the next... Happy Reading!

*Wedding day for Mal and Ben...A few thoughts from the morning*
No PoV:
Mal: Okay. Okay. I can do this. I can do this without throwing up, falling down, or freaking out...
Ben: Holy shit!Today is the day I marry Mal!I'm so excited! I've barely slept all night and I still have so much energy...why am I vibrating?
Evie: Anddddd I'm just gonna go throw up for a solid 10 minutes... and then I'll be okay. Yep that's what I'm gonna do.

Mal's PoV:
I really couldn't believe that this day had arrived. Sunday, May 5th, 2019... the day I got to marry the love of my life. It was truly something I'd never thought I'd find or have. And I certainly never thought I'd get to experience this day for myself.
I was filled with so many emotions, but the one that stood out most was excitement. Ben had shown me what love really was and what it felt like. He had opened a magical door and pulled me in to his world of light and happiness. And I never wanted to leave.
Of course Evie was the first one up, I found her in the master bathroom throwing up. Of course only I knew why so I sat on the ground beside her and rubbed her back slowly, figuring that's what Doug or a good sister would do. After a few minutes she stopped and looked up to me. "Thanks..." she smiled, kinda. "No problem momma E" we both laughed.
"Okay you hop in the shower first, but don't get your hair wet. I'm gonna go get my shower downstairs and start waking the girls up." I nodded and did as I was told.
In the shower I talked to myself a lot, but it really helped calm me down. I knew I could do this... I really just hoped that maybe my real dad would show up to walk me down the aisle now that the barrier was down. I had sent him an invitation and a letter months ago, but hadn't heard back. And sure it was nice that Adam had offered, but I really hoped that Hades came through.
Once I was out I covered myself in my new robe from Uma and began to brush my teeth. As soon as I was done Audrey burst in and handed me a glass of champagne before stripping down and climbing in the shower herself. "So I guess we are on that level of friendship now?" I called out to her. "I was instructed by Evie to get in the shower and keep an eye on you to make sure you stayed calm and didn't run away!" She yelled back. I just laughed at myself in the mirror.
        Once she was done, she put on her pink robe and took my empty glass before heading out. I wasn't alone for long. Jane came in next, already showered with her hair and makeup done. Wow everyone was working fast, in the bathroom time was moving so slow.
She handed me any other glass and forced me to sit at Evie's vanity so that she could do my hair. Only about an hour later my hair was done, it was incredible. "That's my repayment for when you first fixed my hair." I laughed at the memory of the old me and hugged her.
       Our moment was however interrupted by Evie. "Alright ladies break it up. Jane you can go put on your dress and shoes and wait with the other girls in the living room." Jane nodded and followed Evie's instructions. "Alright Ms. Queen to be, let's finish you up." I turned back to look at Evie. She was already in her maid of honor dress, and too be honest I kinda loved it how her hair clashed with it, but I wasn't going to point that out now.
       I think it was an hour later that Evie walked me out of the bathroom and into her and Doug's bedroom. She helped me put on my shoes first, and then she helped slip off my robe and into my dress. It was heavy but so beautiful and I definitely felt like a princess. We were alone in the room until the door opened and Belle peaked her head in. "My turn?" Evie nodded and left to go downstairs.

Belle's PoV:
      I really didn't want to start crying this early but I had no choice...my daughter in law to be looked like magic. I walked over to her slowly and stood behind her, looking into the full length mirror.
      "This really is such a special day and I'm so glad you're the girl I'll get to call family, Mal." I walked her over to the bench at the edge of the bed. She sat down carefully next to me. I handed her 3 small boxes. "Now you'll open these one at a time..." she read the first box which was labeled 'new and blue'. Inside sat a small pair of gold earrings holding real sapphires. "My gift from just me to you on this day." She smiled and put them in.
      Next she took the box that said 'old'. "Inside is the necklace I wore on the day I married Adam. We were hoping, well I was hoping, that you'd wear it today." It was a small gold crown that would hang inside her dress. Just for her to feel and know it was there. That I was there with her. Lastly she took the box labeled 'borrowed'. It held the garter from my wedding as well.
      "Obviously I don't want to think of you and Ben like that, as a parent but clearly I can't stop anything like that. Especially if I want grandkids." We both laughed through our happy tears. She hugged me tightly. "Thanks mom." She whispered in my ear.
      "Shall we?" I stood up and held out my hand. Mal took it and rose with me. She wobbled a bit with the heels at first. But after I linked our arms and began to escort her out to the other girls she stabilized. We walked out to the top of Evie's staircase which overlooked the rest of her house and where the girls were. None of them were paying attention until I cleared my throat.
      After that, they all took in the sight of Mal. This was their first time seeing her dress as well, and you could tell they all loved it. We spent the next few hours doing pictures before heading off to the church.